Say69

• say69
      say69
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, i´m Savio Luiz, AKA Say69.

I´m Brazilian, 26 yo, work as network administrator, and as many here and there i love poker and i really want to be a winning player. I started with poker in January/11, yep just 9 months ago, and untill now i´m loosing much... abbout $350 but mine invested money is just $150, i think must of my loses was because of beginning and tilt(I´m fixing this issue when got so much bad bets i play awfully bad and go to upper limits tilted... the rest of the history you all know... broke). But now i´m starting 2 new bankrolls one thanks to pokerstrategy on poker770 and another on a team that i mounted called: Fiships poker(something like that, is an "play on words" in portuguese).

Started playing BSS just 2 months ago and i play 4 tables, but play better with only 2 speed tables or 3 mixed tables.

Actual bankroll 15/09:

poker770: $ 82,37

partypoker: $50,30

I´m counting with all help, and sure will give many help to others.

MARKS:

- Buy holdem manager - with TAF money or with poker won money.
      - move up to NL4.
      - GRIND.
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey say69,

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course,

I wish you every success throughout the course and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

I have no doubt you will plenty of essential information for climbing the limits and that with plenty of hard graft you will become a better player as a consequence :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • say69
      say69
      Bronze
      Lesson 1 - Womework

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      - I´m the kind of person who likes to challenge myself and to compete with others and there is no other game like poker to do so. I also want to win some money as extra cash and hobby, then after some time i really intent to play for living.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      IN september/2011 my leaks are: much call from SB, playing 22/16 on NL2 is far loose, play more tight, excess of aggression flop, turn, river; when dont hit anything on flop i usually give up from pot; pay attention on position; when playing so much time and dont come any playable cards i start bluff too much and loose money.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      The big stack strategy is an strategy that you MUST fold more times then others strategies do, thats why you really have to play tight and aggressive, cause when you are on a good and you want to win for the poor hands that u couldnt play as you wanted. And when you bet you have two ways to win, and when you call you have just one way to win the best hand. That´s why poker is for aggressive players.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Do you play FR or SH? Since for FR those stats are really loose. And you have to tighten up your range. Also trying to be a sheriff on the tables isn't a good idea and I wouldn't recommend doing that, it means you trying to bluff too much.

Tight style is usually called playing rather few hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.