[NL20-NL50] FR25 - check good hand on T

• chocular77
      Known players:

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0,90, 4 folds, CO calls $0,90, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,20) K:spade: , J:spade: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,4, CO calls $1,40.

Turn: ($5,00) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

bet turn

River: ($5,00) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,5, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,00

My normal play is to bet the T for protection. But in this hand i played against a TAG i know well and who is capable of floating and i wanted to mix my play up a little bit and induce him to take the pot away on T.
      So he would never know if a cbet F ch T is weak from me in generell.
      He didn't took the bait and i wanted to get some value on the R.

Am i afraid of draws? Sure but as i said i have to mix my play up for deception against opponents who also know me well.

I guess this kind of play works better when IP because a check on T IP would look really weak. But a check OOP could always be a ch/r trap.

Is this a good thought process? I really do this against Opponents i allready know well because on this limit most of the time its just better to play standard.
      Whats the best play if he bets 2/3 on T? I think i would c/c T and bet 3/4 R.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      If turn was blank I like c/r turn for value, but here I think you have to bet. You would normally bet turn your air, so if you check then you´'re either going to c/c or c/r, so he would not really going to bet always his draws and showdown value hands.

I think quite good move would be c/r river, since now it seems like you're giving up, so he would often bet his strong Kx hands and Ax hands