[NL2-NL10] Two Pair flop counter fitted

• CheckBop
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 7:heart:
      3 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) A:diamond: , 8:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, BU raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $3.90, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.65) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.65

I guess I should 3bet a little bigger on the flop, but pretty sick turn card, no option but to fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaccuzzi
      First of all i don't like the raise preflop because it's realy hard to play speculative hands out of position. You are most likely going to hit some draw and have a difficulty to play for pot control while OOP. and i don't think that you can expect to have a Fold equity against unknown opponent. And i would bet ~0.6.

The overal preflop play of Bu looks like a pocket pair or suited connector or some suited ace to me. it's hard to say because we have no idea about his range.

on flop you got monster and you can see yourself often ahead. The minreraise on flop looks suspicious and i think if opponent was ultimatle bluffing he would have folded to 3bet.
      On turn i don't see any hands that you beat knowning the previous bets and the only have two clean outs. And now the opponent bet is rather big so the fold line i think is the only line here.
      Btw looking at opponents deep stack i don't think that he is gonna bet with nothing.
    • veriz
      Hello CheckBop,

Flop: Yeah. :( You should really do the 3bet rather bigger. And most likely I would 3bet/Broke against that kind of guy here as well. I'd 3bet ~$5 even.

As played
      Turn: I doubt that we can much do. :( Any higher Ax beats us now even. We just beat some draw and that's pretty much it.

Best regards.