• 8 replies
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Have the same problems. 25bi down in 3 days
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Looks nasty indeed. But it will come back buddy, it always comes back. How is your mindset? If you start your session thinking "how much will I lose today?" or something in this mood, it will only "feed" the downward spiral. Maybe you should quit after losing 2 buy-ins until the wind turns.
      Good luck man, it will come back! :)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You know its time to take a break when you are dealt KK and your first response is "here we go, there goes a stack KK vs AA".
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      You know its time to take a break when you are dealt KK and your first response is "here we go, there goes a stack KK vs AA".
      haha :D this is how downswings fuel themselves:
      (warning: coarse language ahead)

Preflop:
      - get dealt K:sK on UTG
      - KK, great. well, who cares, why does it matter, just watch how i'm going to steal the blinds
      - raise 2.5BB only (because well, everyone's going to fold anyway)
      - get 2 callers on CO and BTN
      - oh fack, these nits called, you bet the flop's going to come superwet. why did i raise 2.5BB anyway?

Flop (9BB):
      - flop comes like J:s9:h5
      - oh facking hell. facking fack, this board is darn dangerous, surely one of these facking nits hit a set and i'm out of position. i'll bet because, well, i have to bet, but i'm sure that if they call i'm beat already. why the fack did i raise 2.5BB preflop anyway? well whatever, at least i lose less money now
      - bet 1/2 pot, CO folds, BTN calls

Turn (18BB):
      - turn comes a 2
      - damn damn damn do you see? i was called. no value here, i could just fold this already and avoid losing any more money. enjoy your little set man
      - check, BTN checks

River (18BB):
      - river comes the K
      - he checked behind. what the hell? trapping? well whatever, now i have top set! oh wait. what if he was drawing with QT? backdoor flush also hit. yeah, if he has QT his play makes perfect sense, damn it he could have some pair+backdoor flush hand too. no, sure as hell i'm not going to be stacked off again this time, you can take this little pot
      - check, BTN checks

Final Pot: 18BB
      BTN shows one pair, jacks (J T)
      Hero shows one pair, kings (K K)

Hero wins with one pair, kings (K K)

Afterthoughts:
      - oh fack, he had just top pair. of course it makes sense. why the hell didn't i think of that? damn it, i played this hand facking terrible. well let's play on
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Minibluff,

As previously said by our kind members, keep the chin up and it will turn around eventually :)

As long as you are getting the money in good, that is all that matters. Short term luck is nothing (It can feel horrible, don't get me wrong) but long term sees skill taking over from luck and if you have it - you have nothing to worry about :)

All the best,

Gary
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      :s_o: may I suggest one slight thing, not much but I notice you playing a lot of english pound games, may I suggest switching over to dollar games, this will reduce your losses and protect your bankroll better. Slight suggestion until you pick up confidence and turn it around.

feel free to tell me to bugger off :f_biggrin:
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Yea :D

You know its time to take a break when a donk could be calling you down with any crap and he shows up the nuts on the river :D
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I've given up hope of it ever turning around for me but good luck trying to turn it around yourself :)