[NL2-NL10] Fr 5Nl - Trouble with AA

• sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      What is the standard play here?

When and when do we not go broke with AA? Should we just always ship it and let math do its course ITLR? Always a trouble for me.

Villain is 23/4/5 after 47 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $10.21
      MP2:
      $6.13
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.15
      SB:
      $5.36
      BB:
      $4.98
      UTG1:
      $4.40
      UTG2:
      $3.32

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) 7, 6, 2 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.39, UTG1 raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.46.

Turn: ($2.27) J (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $3.30, Hero ?( ?(

His open limping range is quite wide and he can easily have a set, two pair with 67o or a combo draw with 4 :spade: 5 :spade: or 8 :spade: 9 :spade: . Could the turn J :club: have helped him? What can I beat here? KK/QQ unlikely here. But is it right to think that he is aggressive enough to do this move with 88-TT?

I was arguing between controlling the pot and maximizing value at the same time so I decided to just call his almost minimum flop C/R since I was in position and I felt no reason to raise. I know he is going to semi-bluff his draws anyways and would play it the same way he would his two pair or set. I didnt want it to be a confrontational battle. His shove on turn surprised me.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sp00nman,

Well, the problem is that on flop you don't beat that many hands. Most likely his limping range is going to consist of a lot PPs which hardly hit that kind of board. Therefore to avoid any further problems I'd just Bet/Fold it right on flop.

On turn it seems like he is trying to protect his set or something similar from any kind of draw. The J doesn't help a lot of his range anyways.

Best regards.