Stack
      BB:
      $4.39
      Hero:
      $2.29
      BU:
      $1.97

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) K:heart: , T:spade: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.15, BB folds, Hero ???

Hi veriz,

I want to make a pot size raise here. I wonder if it's a good idea while being out of position? Against his range (TT,KTs+,JTs,KTo+,JTo) I got 66%. And my break-even equity if I raise $0.70 is 39%. Do I fold if he push after my raise?

About the break-even equity, can it be used like in the example above? I don't know maybe to decide how much we raise? So I don't get pot commited. For instance, with the same situation above, but you only got 35% equity, if you raise $0.70 you need 0.70/(0.25+0.15+0.70+0.70) = 39%, so you lower your raise to match your equity to $0.40 or 33%.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Well, I'd ask you the first and easy question here. Why do you even in first place Check?! It's just the worst play. :( Rather CBet it and make it standard and protect your hand. Don't really see why you need even those calculations there. Also they are mostly wrong for the given range you did put him on.

Best regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cpers,

Don't really see why you need even those calculations there. Also they are mostly wrong for the given range you did put him on.

Best regards.
      Just curious about it's used here :f_biggrin:
      What do you mean by mostly wrong here? Is it the range?, the equity?, or the calculation?

I forgot why I check here, it's an old hand. But it's probably because I want to get value by c/r here. Is pocket ace is not strong enough to c/r here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The range of the opponent. You are mainly putting the opponent on strong made hands. But while he could as well even have draws etc type of hands.