[NL2-NL10] Sh Nl 10 Jj

• snaker3
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 9, 3, T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.65) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, [COLOR=red]BB raises to $3.60 what should I do?

28/24 aggr 2.6 WTS 35 152 hands

Note- blufed r when Fd completed! Dont know when wrote that note before or after this hand!
      I think calling t and call r with no heart and no stright cards!
  • 3 replies
    • denetomtom
      Hi snaker3

Just had a look at your hand and although I dont play at NL10sh (still at NL2fr) I thought I would offer my 2cents worth. So here goes.

Preflop raise is a little small I think with JJ I would tend to make it 4bb. With his full range of 28% this gives you an equity of 67%.

Flop: Also bet sizing on flop is too small as you giving your opp odds of over 2/1 to call. I would make flop bet somewhere around 0.80c to 0.9c.

As he has now called both your raises Im thinking he slow play aa kk qq or he just made TP or perhaps he was playing suited connectors JQ etc. Dont think he would have called suited gappers such as J8s although that hand is defo in his 28% range. Pocket 3s no not in his range.

Having looked at possible hands I think you could give him something around 13% on flop. Even with this range your still 2/1 fav with 66% equity.

Turn Qh this is a bad card for you as it hits a lot of his range although it has given you extra outs if you need them.

Can I ask why you have gone from half pot bet sizes pre flop and on flop to pot size bet on turn. If I didnt know your hand Id be thinking your bluffing and trying to push me of of pot.
      I think know would be the correct time for a half pot bet.

But anyway he raises and as I said before that Q would have hit his range hard so folding I think would be the best course of action. As now if your JJ is beat you have at most 10 outs and not all of those are clean outs. So you have max of 20% equity and pot is only offering 6.55to2.6 approx 5/2

Look forward to your thoughts and the thoughts of others to see if my train of thought was correct.

• snaker3
      3bb is my standart raise from BU CO!
      On flop I cb 2/3 pot think it is standart!
      on turn I bet close to pot for protection aginst FD maybe Ishould just check and take free card!
    • veriz
      Hello snaker3,

Well, with your reads it might be even possible to Call the turn for the given reason that it's even possible to hit a straight for us. But far the 2nd problem here is that Q actually hits some of his calling range. :( For that given reason I might even prefer rather just Bet/Folding.

Obviously it's very likely that he ain't gonna Check/Raise with just pair here, since I expect him to play rather passively. But a lot of 2pairs/sets/completed draws are still possible. We don't beat that much of his Calling range on flop. :( Or either don't know the opponent overall, just one note.

Best regards.