• 4 replies
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      he could raise with a draw or a jack?
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hi benaars just had a look at your hand and I think you did the right thing for the following reasons.

Looking at stack size seems like villian either midstacker or not very good player as only got half BI.

Preflop villians range is 63/25 giving him a calling range of
      55-22,K5s-K2s,Q7s-Q2s,J7s-J2s,T7s-T2s,94s+,84s+,74s+,64s+,54s,A6o-A2o,K8o-K2o,Q9o-Q4o,J9o-J6o,T7o+,97o+,87o,76o

Against this range you have an equity of nearly 80%, even if he deceided to slow play all his range you still have 76% against him. So preflop play and bet sizing are good.

Obviously he not playing whole range on flop so if we assume he only playing top 10% of hands (77+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,ATo+,KQo) then we have 51% equity against his modified range.

Since if you call you will have to put another 1.52 in pot then to get a return of $4 costs you "1.52 you are only getting a 38% return, so this is clearly a fold.

So if my math is correct then good play, dont think at the table I could have folded though, but then thats why Im at NL2 and you at NL4.

Please correct me if math wrong thanks.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      yeah I also thought his range is pretty wide, thats why I bet - thought he might be on a draw or smth, but when he showed it in, I kind of sensed that it could be K or smthg, and because of his small stack I thought it's better to fold..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello benaars,

Well, nope. :D He wouldn't have such a wide range ever there. :) Most likely folding there rather against passive player is totally fine and obviously I don't even mind. :) Nice hand! Not worth to Call vs his shove while he may easily do that with Kx and even sets.

Best regards.