UTG: $2.07 [vp:43, pr:29, AF:0, Wsd:67, hands:7]
      MP: $5.13
      CO: $1.45

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 7:club: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, CO calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.07, 3 players) T:club: 7:heart: 6:club:
      Hero bets $0.03, UTG raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.03

When he raised 2x I thought he has sth but wants to know where he is.

Turn: ($0.25, 3 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, UTG calls $0.16

His deceptive check/call - I dont put enough attention to such moves.

River: ($0.73, 3 players) A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.21, UTG raises to $1.83 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $1.40 and is all-in

My first problem is that when I saw this AI, I started to analize the hand and put him on 67 but I couldnt lay it down, WHY ?
      - because This are only cents , so I should play at higher stakes to be able to make such lay downs ?
      How psychologically you motivate youself to do lay downs when you know you are beaten, what you say to yourself ?

Secondly I thought I should value bet here, when optimistically I put him on
      7 + lower kicker.

But when I analyze now this hand I realise that the only realistic range he had is:
      A7s, K7s, Q7s, 87s, 76s, A7o, 97o, 76o
      Against this range my equity is 45.5 % underdog to 54.5 %
      Kowing that should I value bet on river ?

UTG shows 6:spade: 7:spade: (Full House, Sevens full of Sixes) (PreFlop 33%, Flop 69%, Turn 88%)
      Hero shows 7:club: K:spade: (Three of a Kind, Sevens) (PreFlop 67%, Flop 31%, Turn 13%)
      UTG wins $3.76
  • 3 replies
    • padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      Hello,

first of all i dont even understand your bet on the flop; its a freeplay there's no need to bet here cos with so many players on the flop you re already probably behind and if you arent you may already be against a FD; which is going to pay your smallish bet, so here you are never going to win your hand w/o showdown. besides, after that raise you have no way to continue: insta-fold

side-note: villains stats over 7 hands arent reliable at all

as played;

on the turn you have trips with a high kicker, so ok its a playable hand on a multiway turn: you re only behind A7, TT, 77, 67, 89 and you are ahead many hands that possibly called/raised the flop for example: overpairs, 99, 88, T6 or in some cases FD+gutshot.

so if you want to play this hand dont check/call, be agressive! lead the turn and protect your hand that vs villains range is a favorite:

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 59.14% 58.41% 0.73% K7o
      MP3 40.86% 40.13% 0.73% 66+, A7s, T6s, 98s, 76s, A7o, 98o, 76o, Tc9c, 8c7c

(this isnt a perfect range for the villain but i think its ok)

on the river you bet/fold or ch/f, but if you want to bet, bet ~0,4$
    • Harnas31
      Harnas31
      Bronze
      thx, I like the line you show me.

The reason I was betting on flop is that others were constantly folding to me on flop , so I bet. When they called the flop I was suprised and allowed them to lead, to see what's going on.
      I havent even thought about protection, just ' let me see what you have, bet to me'
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Harnas31,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Well, first of all I'd rather bet it bigger ~$0,06. And most likely rather just fold vs his raise. It's just a freeplay pot. It ain't worth fighting over it.

As played
      Turn: Well, obviously a good card comes for us but while being in multiway pot it's not a case that we want to go broke here. Rather take the passive line as well.
      River: Donking is an option here although I'd do it a bit bigger $0,50. But as played I'd just Bet/Fold it. You are most likely beaten by a lot better hand than yours. He wouldn't overplay his 2pairs or whatsoever hands like this.

Best regards.