[NL2-NL10] Turn re-raise on pair board

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      The BTN didn't really have any highly unusual stats. Liked to call preflop but that's about it.

In the below hand, I think I was correct in the raise size preflop with my hand and then on the flop I think my cbet was ok. Maybe a little larger?

On the turn however. I'm not sure. Given he called my raise I would have put him on a pocket or maybe (although unlikely given his standard VPIP) a high suited connector. So i figured on this flop I had top pair/top kicker. Likelihood of quads with him playing pocket 6s is very very small. His reraise though... the card was a blank for the range I put him on. How should i interpret his move? It was a fairly big reraise, so I guess it's probably not a bluff. But then... I really don't know.

I think I should probably have let it go right there. Would that have been the better move?

Thanks

Pacific $6.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1445545
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $6.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 7, 3B: 8, AF: 2.9, Hands: 165
      SB: $10.32
      BB: $7.58
      UTG: $9.12
      MP: $15.14
      Hero (CO): $12.70 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 1.6, Hands: 365

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero is CO with A :spade: K :club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 6 :diamond: K :heart: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.43, BTN calls $0.43

Turn: ($1.61) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.04, BTN raises to $2.80, Hero calls $1.76

River: ($7.21) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.23, Hero calls $1.23

He had 6 :club: T :heart:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Well the case is that even if you plan to continue on turn then rather just get it in. At least with that move you protect from any kind of draws. Or either way make the decision of maybe even folding it right there. If you expect him to be rather passive player then I might even go for that line. In his range definitely there is even a 6x, although as well even Kx hands. But would he ever raise the Kx hand? How aggressively does he play TP type of hands? There are a lot of players who play TP type of hands rather passively.

Best regards.