PS deposit through PokerStrategy benefits

• rjones
      rjones
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,
      I'm trying to understand what benefits i would get from depositing money to PS with the pokerstrategy affiliation.
      strategypoints aside, is the only benefit of using the affiliation code the ability to split my first deposit to up to 3 parts (up to a total of 600 usd)?

thanks,

rjones.
  • 20 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Nope, wrong. Only benefits are Strategy Points and the occasional community tournaments that require affiliated accounts, but those are almost non-existent on Stars. The FDB is PokerStars offer advertised by PokerStrategy.com, afaik so everyone gets it, not only PS.com

The thing is, by accumulating Strategy Points you can view instructional videos made by PS.com coaches. Ofc, now you can also buy these points so it's up to you to choose if those vids are better than offers from other similar training sites. The good part is that you can hand around the forums without having tracked accounts which is the best part about being PS.com member imo...
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi rjones,

You are right, but everyone who's PokerStars account is affiliated via PokerStrategy.com or not are able to participate in the 100% up to $600 Bonus with the following condition:

As opposed to other bonuses, you can split this PokerStars bonus by making up to 3 smaller deposits, e.g. of $200 each. What's important here: As of your first deposit, you will have 90 days time to make the remaining two deposits. And you have to make sure to use the bonus code STARS600 every time you deposit.

Essentially the combination of First Deposit bonus and access to Videos/Coaching/Hand Evaluations/Events/Special Promotions by earning StrategyPoints through PokerStrategy while being part of the PokerStars Loyalty program is the best combination out there.

Ingrid
    • rjones
      rjones
      Bronze
      thanks for the quick reply,
      pretty much covers what i needed to know

thanks again,

rjones
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I received a small amount through some promo(I think it was with pokerstrategy) my account is definitely linked since I am earning SP's. So if I've never deposited on stars this 3 part deposit bonus is still available to me as long as the deal/promotion runs right?

edit : the small amount was not the starting capital
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skraggy
      I received a small amount through some promo(I think it was with pokerstrategy) my account is definitely linked since I am earning SP's. So if I've never deposited on stars this 3 part deposit bonus is still available to me as long as the deal/promotion runs right?

edit : the small amount was not the starting capital
      Your account is tracked with us :)
      You can take part in this promotion anytime as long as the promo runs (which is right now) :)

here is the link for you: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-stars/download/

Click on Cashier in the software menu at the top and select Buy Chips. If you want to receive the 100% up to $600 bonus on top of your deposit, please make sure to enter the bonus code STARS600. You can also split your deposit into 3 smaller deposits, as long as you use the bonus code STARS600 every time you deposit one part.

anything else I can help you with?

Ingrid
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Thanks Ingrid :-)

This might be a little off topic - but is it just me or have the $2 sit n go's NLH games disappeared? I've turned all the filters off and I still can only find the $1 ones and the next one up is $3!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      No problems Skraggy, you managed to deposit yet?

And its true, I just logged in and couldn't find them either. Best to ask customer support :) they have a fast response time thankfully!Let me know what they say!
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I'm just waiting on my funds to appear in my moneybookers and then I'm going to deposit. Had to jump through all the hoops getting age verified change of address etc etc but that's all done now :)

Will mail support and ask them about the disappeared stake level since this does affect my BRM plan when I start back up playing poker online!

edit : first day back at work so my spelling fails xD
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      hehe no probs :) keep me posted then!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze

This might be a little off topic - but is it just me or have the $2 sit n go's NLH games disappeared? I've turned all the filters off and I still can only find the $1 ones and the next one up is $3!
      The SNG levels currently are:

$1.50
      $3.50
      $7
      $15
      $30
      $60

Hope this helps :)
      Gary
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      'Hello xXx,

Thank you for your patience.

I have received confirmation that there are no plans for single table sngs with $2 or $2.50 buy-ins at the moment.

Currently everything follows the $1.50, $3.50. $7 progress.

Please let me know if we may assist you further and thank you for playing on PokerStars.

Kind regards,

xxx
      PokerStars Support Team'

Maybe stars is not the right place for me to go to if I want to play SnG's :(
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

$1.50
      $3.50
      $7
      $15
      $30
      $60

Gary
      Hi Gary,

Forgot to refresh the thread before posting the reply I got from stars.

Given the above that you posted(which is ofc correct) what would one do in terms of BRM? I plan to go with a 50 buy-in rule but it would mean staying at the $1 SNG's much longer assuming a starting roll of $50?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Skraggy,

Since rakeback isn't the priority for you, I would suggest a room which has a lot of traffic and the tables are soft.

So I would suggest either Ongame, which has some of the best SnG traffic, is fairly soft (compared to stars anyway) and you would get some return from the VIP system. So Betfair probably.

Alternatively, if you dont like the software, then I would suggest you go for 888, which is super soft, has good traffic, but you wont get a lot back from VIP system but the software is pretty :)

what do you think?

Ingrid
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

$1.50
      $3.50
      $7
      $15
      $30
      $60

Gary

Hi Gary,

Forgot to refresh the thread before posting the reply I got from stars.

Given the above that you posted(which is ofc correct) what would one do in terms of BRM? I plan to go with a 50 buy-in rule but it would mean staying at the $1 SNG's much longer assuming a starting roll of $50?
      Technically you need $75 when you include the rake. Also, I'm a bit of a BR nit so I would suggest 75 buy-ins for SNGs, especially if I was playing at Stars. The $1.50s have quiet a number of good regs and aren't as easy to beat as say Betfair, which Ingrid also mentioned.

They also have a very nice first deposit bonus and a better VIP system for lower players than Stars.

Just something to consider really.

The games run quite quick on Betfair too so volume should not be a problem.

Let me know what you think ;)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I've played about 50 of the $1 SNG's recently on stars and found it very soft too - the thing is I really like their software. I have played a little on 888 in the past and it was ok I guess in terms of their software. Don't care too much about it being pretty, as long as it's not an eyesore with 4 tables and a HUD running :)

I think I'll create a betfair account and have a look there and then make my choice from the three.

My volume is going to be quite low so I don't think VIP systems and rakeback should really factor into my choice.

Knowing my luck I'll deposit and start clearing a bonus and Full Tilt will be back up and running :f_p:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Skraggy,

Great! Here is the Betfair download link for you and don't forget to take advantage of the Daily $100 freerolls :)

Let us know how you get on!

Ingrid
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Thank you to you both :s_love:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      :f_love:
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      It seems betfair is not yet supported by PT3 so it's now down to either 888 or stars!