[NL2-NL10] nl4 AK

• 7 replies
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hi Benaars, why did you donk bet the flop I think that was wrong and cost you dearly, I think you should have played check/fold.

Pre flop you have 66% equity against his range so yes good to 3bet and bet is good size.

Flop, here I think you make big mistake because flop hits his range hard, now you only have 25% equity against his range and you go and donk 40c into him.

Would like to know what you and others think of my line of play on this hand.

Thanks
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Well actually I thouht I didn't donk, but just made a continuation bet, because I was the initial raiser... am I thinking wrong? I also though this flop might have be good for him, but I thought if I bet I could represent strong hand and I had to get some information, what if he was on a draw..?
    • Meras18
      Meras18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by benaars
      Well actually I thouht I didn't donk, but just made a continuation bet, because I was the initial raiser... am I thinking wrong? I also though this flop might have be good for him, but I thought if I bet I could represent strong hand and I had to get some information, what if he was on a draw..?
      Yeah you're right. And I think it’s a standard move against one opponent and this kind of flop -> cbet/fold. Maybe you could think about to raise only half pot size. He would also fold if villain got nothing and you would save money if he raises.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Originally posted by Meras18
      Yeah you're right. And I think it’s a standard move against one opponent and this kind of flop -> cbet/fold. Maybe you could think about to raise only half pot size. He would also fold if villain got nothing and you would save money if he raises.
      I though half a pot is actually not enough to protect from the draws he might be holding..
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hi benaars I might have my interpretation wrong of what donking is, I thought it was were if say 2 of you preflop and it goes P1 = check P2 = raise then P1 =call.

Then on flop P1 bets since he was not original raiser then I thought P1 action was called donk bet, sorry for confusion.
    • Meras18
      Meras18
      Bronze
      I though half a pot is actually not enough to protect from the draws he might be holding..
      Ok, but then you have to wonder if he would fold, when you bet 2/3 and not 1/2 pot size and he has got a FD (I ignore a OESD here, because I think he won’t call a 3bet with JT). Does your opponent know about odds and outs?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello benaars,

Preflop: Well, even the 3bet is pretty close here. Although while it's FR and he has been opening with rather wide range then it's doable. But what's your plan if he 4bets you? :)

As played
      Postflop: Well, I'd just Check/Fold it even here. I doubt that we are going to make a lot of hands to fold anyways here which he is Calling. Unless his 3bet calling range is very wide.

Best regards.