This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Q9o freeplay straight on the river

• M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.55)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($11.32)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      UTG+2 ($7.97)
      CO ($10.10)
      BTN ($10)

UTG+1 posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: 9:club:

fold, UTG+1 checks, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.30) 2:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond:

SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($1.50) 2:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond: A:heart:

SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

RIVER ($2.40) 2:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond: A:heart: 8:club:

SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.60, UTG+1 folds, SB folds

Aggro Fish over a small sample.

What do you think about my play here? The only thing I am wondering about is the river raise. Is it too big? I am figuring my straight is pretty well disguised and he could pay me off with an Ace or better. Then again, looking the way he played it (small bets flop , turn, river) that is rarely the case.

Should I have made the raise smaller, like 1.70$? I don't know if a T or a J could pay me off here even with that price, really depends on the fish huh? The thing is my raise clearly represents an Ace at least, and a weak hand like a smaller pair will have a tough time paying me off anyway.

So my bet would mean I am trying to get paid by the stronger side of his range, huh? About the weaker part of his range I guess he would at most pay off a minraise.

Wow, I'm starting to think of things more in depth, huh veriz?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

Well, I doubt that your play is purely off. :D But most likely the implied odds of your ain't gonna be very good. :D For the given reason that there are 2 possible FDs in the hand. Any kind of or could easily kill the action as well.

For that given reason I might even fold it right on flop while it's just a freeplay pot anyways. Although ain't a big mistake if you even Call like this. Just I am worried that we wont always have the highest straight and also FDs possible.

Of course you start to think more of the situations when you post more hands. :) That's also what gives you an edge on tables if you do more such hand postings. Well done!

Best regards.