UTG+1 ($10)
      UTG+2 ($7.97)
      CO ($10.10)
      BTN ($10)

UTG+1 posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: 9:club:

fold, UTG+1 checks, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.30) 2:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond:

SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($1.50) 2:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond: A:heart:

SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

RIVER ($2.40) 2:heart: T:diamond: J:diamond: A:heart: 8:club:

SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.60, UTG+1 folds, SB folds

Aggro Fish over a small sample.

What do you think about my play here? The only thing I am wondering about is the river raise. Is it too big? I am figuring my straight is pretty well disguised and he could pay me off with an Ace or better. Then again, looking the way he played it (small bets flop , turn, river) that is rarely the case.

Should I have made the raise smaller, like 1.70$? I don't know if a T or a J could pay me off here even with that price, really depends on the fish huh? The thing is my raise clearly represents an Ace at least, and a weak hand like a smaller pair will have a tough time paying me off anyway.

So my bet would mean I am trying to get paid by the stronger side of his range, huh? About the weaker part of his range I guess he would at most pay off a minraise.

Wow, I'm starting to think of things more in depth, huh veriz?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

Well, I doubt that your play is purely off. :D But most likely the implied odds of your ain't gonna be very good. :D For the given reason that there are 2 possible FDs in the hand. Any kind of or could easily kill the action as well.

For that given reason I might even fold it right on flop while it's just a freeplay pot anyways. Although ain't a big mistake if you even Call like this. Just I am worried that we wont always have the highest straight and also FDs possible.

Of course you start to think more of the situations when you post more hands. :) That's also what gives you an edge on tables if you do more such hand postings. Well done!

Best regards.