BB ($12.25)
      UTG ($4.14)
      UTG+1 ($9.07)
      UTG+2 ($5.47)
      MP1 ($11.77)
      CO ($9.95)
      Hero ($13.40)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $1.15, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.90) 5:heart: J:spade: 5:diamond:

SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

TURN ($3.90) 5:heart: J:spade: 5:diamond: 6:diamond:

SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($4.90) 5:heart: J:spade: 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 7:heart:

SB bets $0.80, Hero folds

SB wins $4.67

Ok this is a hand I played horribly. Clearly so. Opponent is fish 50/0 in 12 hands.
      Flop: Paired Dry flop. Should I raise here? If I do, I wouldn't represent anything. If I had a strong hand I would just call, no sense in raising and getting his weak hands out. But then again when a fish bets that small it looks kinda weak and if he gets raised I don't think he is thinking "what does he represent?", but "man, he has a strong hand". Even so, I don't know if he could fold pocket pairs.

I call to see if he continues betting on the turn and take it away if he doesn't.
      Turn: When he bets that small I am tempted to call just because I have overcards and he could still bet with high cars. Maybe this is a better spot to raise but again, I don't know if he has the discipline to fold a pair.

River: Even though he bets small again and is fishy I don't see him betting 3 streets without having at least a pair so I don't see another option but folding. Bluff Raising would not really make sense, since I only called Flop and Turn.

So, how should I have played it?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

Well, the problem on flop is that even if you hit your TP you will just never know where you stand with your hand. He could easily even have something like AJ, or even stronger hands which is trapping. For that given reason I might even sometimes just make a crying fold and give it up. :D

Raising could be an option if we knew the opponent but I wouldn't do it while we would need to spend too much money for the raise.

Most likely I'd just lay down at some point my hand and might even do that on flop or either way on turn. Even for the given odds. Our preflop line was anyways pretty strong and doubt that he is donking with very weak hands. Obviously it could be some weaker PP, although we can't be sure that he is even laying them down.

Best regards.