[NL2-NL10] TT before flop sqeeze?

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      Should i sqeeze before flop? I dont like call since mp2 is short stacked. Forcing mp2 all in is coin flip, but some dead money in bank already

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,04
      UTG2:
      $1,76
      MP2:
      $0,66

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,08, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,14, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,66, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,58, MP2 calls $0,52 (All-In).

Flop: ($2,00) Q:spade: , T:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1,38 (All-In), UTG2 calls $1,10 (All-In).

Turn: ($4,48) 8:diamond:
      River: ($4,48) Q:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $4,48
  • 3 replies
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Did it ever occur to you that UTG's raising range is fairly tight(AK, TT+)?

Given his range -- some questions you should ask yourself:

What exactly were you trying to achieve when you 4-bet? Were you certain that UTG2 would fold if you 4-bet? If he calls your 4bet, what would you do on a board with overcards? What if UTG2 5-bets you all in instead of calling/folding? Would you go broke? Or fold?

You should have answers for this the next time you "squeeze". :)

As played,

UTG2 called and MP2 shoved. You have invested 1/3 of your stack already and flopped a set. Ship it and hope villain doesnt have QQ.
    • n3w8i3
      n3w8i3
      Bronze
      UTG2 called and MP2 shoved. You have invested 1/3 of your stack already and flopped a set. Ship it and hope villain doesnt have QQ.

i would add at this: "... and hope he has AQ." ;-) then he will pay....

J9 also beats you on turn, but luckily, river draw you out of that trouble... and he still thinks that you are playing on set of Qs and also payes...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tombic,

Well, I don't like that much the squeeze(plus it ain't even a squeeze but 4bet) preflop. Against UTG range. You most likely even ain't doing it for value. What's your plan if UTG ships? :) Which even can be very likely.

Best regards.