Hero (BTN): $10.94
      SB: $17.64
      BB: $4.77
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $11.04
      MP: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.50, 3 players) 7:spade: 2:heart: T:club:
      UTG+1 checks, CO bets $1.00, fold, fold

Preflop: What do u think about my preflop play?
  • 6 replies
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      I would 3-bet/fold preflop. If called, I'd cbet/fold on the flop. By calling, you are only hoping to hit an A/K or any type of draw for you to continue. AK is a drawing hand and it is important to always have the initiative with AK going in to the flop as you would often times take it down with a Cbet even if you miss.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm analyzing his stats at this moment and VP from LP: 17%, F3B: 100%.
      So you've right maybe I played AK too passive preflop. I can agree with 3B but with CBet on the flop I can't agree. If he called, I wouldn't CBet on this flop.

BTW. One stat would be very helpful in hands like this. Range of isolation raise. What range of his raise does my opponent have when before him are limpers. Can I adjust something like this in PT3?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Both plays are fine. I don't even mind actually the Call preflop while we even have position. If we are 3betting then it's a 3bet/fold rather than go broke. :) That's the problem. Although with Calling we keep a lot weaker Ax/Kx hands in the play. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      BTW. One stat would be very helpful in hands like this. Range of isolation raise. What range of his raise does my opponent have when before him are limpers. Can I adjust something like this in PT3?
      what about this?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      what about this?
      Well, I doubt that it would change much. :P It's not that important stat, but if you surf around you might even find such a stat, not sure myself. Haven't ever needed it.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sp00nman
      I would 3-bet/fold preflop. If called, I'd cbet/fold on the flop. By calling, you are only hoping to hit an A/K or any type of draw for you to continue. AK is a drawing hand and it is important to always have the initiative with AK going in to the flop as you would often times take it down with a Cbet even if you miss.
      You can also float and raise some flops.