This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - A4 nice value

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Felt river bet was a little marginal, but there could be a little more value to get out of hand.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.4
      MP2:
      $3.73
      CO:
      $1.99

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 4:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.24) A:heart: , Q:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.56) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.56) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, CO calls $0.27.

Final Pot: $1.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Qc 6c)
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac 4d)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac 4d)
  • 3 replies
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Very thin value bet.

What range did you put the villain on and what are your reads on him? Your line was very read dependent and will often times be a bluff against most opponents.

Pre - I'd like to understand why you raised OOP with a weak ace? I will fold here or maybe consider completing. But if ever I decide to raise here, I would make it 0.14(4BB+1BB per limper+1BB since you are OOP post flop) to go.

Flop - As played, I like the cbet as it represents you liked the board and you could easily have AK/AQ given the preflop play.

Turn: I would fire another bullet here for protection as villain might be drawing to a flush.

River: I would consider check/folding a reasonable bet amount. We are often times in a kicker problem with our pair. I cant imagine what else we can beat with our Top Pair / No Kicker. No reason to bet since missed draws would not call and we are often times beat with villain's showdown range. You were lucky to have a fish in with you :)
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      River: I would consider check/folding a reasonable bet amount. We are often times in a kicker problem with our pair. I cant imagine what else we can beat with our Top Pair / No Kicker. No reason to bet since missed draws would not call and we are often times beat with villain's showdown range. You were lucky to have a fish in with you smile

I am sitting on these tables with HUD stats.

His pre-flop limping range is 55% & his WTS when seen flop is 50%.

Agree with your points, but to defend myself the river bet was based on the assumption he would be calling far too wide.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: Not a huge fan of isolating those baby-aces either. Rather just complete for the 1 cent and play it postflop.

As played
      Postflop: I'd still Bet/Fold the turn for protection from any kind of draws and maybe even value from weaker pairs.

Best regards.