[NL2-NL10] nl2 - KQ too aggressive?

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Both villians were pretty much stations and board is fairly wet.

Figured it was worth a raise given how likely they may be too call. Bit too much perhaps & they would struggle to call with worse?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      UTG2:
      $0.77
      BU:
      $2.21

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, 4 folds, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) K:club: , 9:club: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.1, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.59, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.49
  • 3 replies
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Preflop: I would fold this esp against a raise from UTG2 who you deemed a calling station =)

Flop: Nice play. I would have probably done the same. C/R/Fold is probably the best line for an easily dominated hand like KQ. Fortunately for us that he didnt have a K. If he calls the check raise, I would consider check/folding the turn.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Its doubtful I'm considering giving up my hand on later streets.

We are totally pot committted against UTG+2, the button smooth called the original bet so we are likely looking at a draw of some kind or perhaps a weaker pair.

If the button was to shove over the top of my raise on the flop I think a fold is best, but apart from than that I can't see an issue. Again on turn, it really depends on the card, check/fold could be considered a valid line but only as villian is very passive so we can assume he would only bet if he has 2 pairs +.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: Well, against UTG and his stack I'd rather just fold it preflop. To avoid any further mistakes.

As played
      Postflop: Do you think that they are going to CBet a lot here? Rather doubt that. I'd rather just donk myself here and avoid them Checking behind. With Check/Raise we can easily even isolate yourselves against better hands.

Best regards.