5+% ROI on the higher stakes SNGs? Posible?

• PetChoveka
      PetChoveka
      Black
      Hi ppl. Today i reviewed some of the higher stakes SNGs at stars and looked at the stars pro spacegravy winings for this year and overall. The guy is like 9% ROI this year for 6k sngs av BI 217$ or something. Last year he got like 5% ROI for 14k games with av BI of 167$. And i`m wondering how is that posible? I think that on this higher stakes u play with 3-4+ awesome players a table and it looks damn hard to make this ROI. And he plays turbos if i`m correct. I think there are more ppl with this kind of ROI on this higher limits and i was wondering how... I know they`re spending a looooooot of time to work on their game and to understand the way of thinking of the others, but it still looks imposible. Some of u have any ideas how :f_confused:
  • 6 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You should also make sure to separate MTTs from STTs.
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      Im pretty sure spacegravy has a higher ROI at SnG... he plays a lot of Step games which are not always listed in the tracking sites.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I know spacegravy is dominating SnG's since back in the day, when even the high stakes game were soft. Besides he is considered one of the best SnG players so, makes sense to me
    • PetChoveka
      PetChoveka
      Black
      well i filtered only SNG winings and here is the result http://playerscope.com/spacegravy/pokerstars?pid=2023437&pnid=1&tt=2&p=2010

My point is that i guess the high stake games are much much harder and the edge there is very small. But he somehow manages to get incredible huge edge there and i wonder what can it be? When he plays with like 3-4 good regs on a 6max game and like 5-6 on a 9man sng... Looks just insane. Is there that much things to master and a oportunity to increase edge in the high stakes games or he is just incredible soul reader. And i don`t think he is the only guy with decent ROI over huge sample on the higher stakes and that`s even more insane. Any ideas where could be the secret? I guess every good reg there is like perfect at ICM and stuff, so there`s got to be in the early stages, but he plays turbos and he multitables a lot. Even if he is 3beting and 4beting a lot i don`t think that the good regs will be giving him their chips that easy...
    • elfigus
      elfigus
      Black
      Originally posted by PetChoveka
      well i filtered only SNG winings and here is the result http://playerscope.com/spacegravy/pokerstars?pid=2023437&pnid=1&tt=2&p=2010

My point is that i guess the high stake games are much much harder and the edge there is very small. But he somehow manages to get incredible huge edge there and i wonder what can it be? When he plays with like 3-4 good regs on a 6max game and like 5-6 on a 9man sng... Looks just insane. Is there that much things to master and a oportunity to increase edge in the high stakes games or he is just incredible soul reader. And i don`t think he is the only guy with decent ROI over huge sample on the higher stakes and that`s even more insane. Any ideas where could be the secret? I guess every good reg there is like perfect at ICM and stuff, so there`s got to be in the early stages, but he plays turbos and he multitables a lot. Even if he is 3beting and 4beting a lot i don`t think that the good regs will be giving him their chips that easy...
      +1, also 15k games sng in 1 year = LOL for me ^^

6max sng turbo with 4 good players ==> low ROI even if you are GOD imho

There is something strange :D , I'm sure he is Jesus, but it's really really strange
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      I dont know at normal SnG.
      I have meet him at Step SnG... and basically he plays super aggresive from the beggining where most of other player tend to be tight (specially because of Steps prize structure)... by the time there are 6 or less players, he starts playing push mode a lot, and people fears. It is too difficult to put him on a hand.

I tried to play the same way he does, of course it was an EPIC FAIL!. No one respected my pot+ bets LoL