How does sucking out affects villains play

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Lets say we 3bet a player very often, but we don't 5bet shove as a bluff, he 4bet once and we folded, 2nd time he 4bets we get AA and we 5bet shove all in, villain thinks about it for a moment and calls with AT. He ends up winning the hand with trip tens.

How will this suckout affect his game?

He will probably think that he made a mistake by calling and be happy that he won the hand. I guess he will revert to not fighting back. And if he would not have won the hand he would probably be tilting and trying to outplay us in the future hands.

Am I right? Do you got some insight in how this works?
  • 6 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Lets say we 3bet a player very often, but we don't 5bet shove as a bluff, he 4bet once and we folded, 2nd time he 4bets we get AA and we 5bet shove all in, villain thinks about it for a moment and calls with AT. He ends up winning the hand with trip tens.

He will probably think that he made a mistake by calling and be happy that he won the hand. I guess he will revert to not fighting back. And if he would not have won the hand he would probably be tilting and trying to outplay us in the future hands.

You really have to watch his reaction on the subsequent hands. People react differently to bad beats.

;)

Thazar
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Give some examples from your experience, how do some and others change their play?

Btw, not when villain has a bad beat, but when we have one and he takes the pot, when he payed us with a hand with lower equity.
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      If a villain is capable of calling out 5-bet shove with AT, he is probably a bad player. He will probably repeat it in future hands as well. So we should be very happy to 5-bet shove with QQ+, AK and AQ.

He might not repeat same thing in same session but he will repeat to get lucky in future sessions IMO.

If a villain calls 3-bet and makes his trip T's and suck out on us, it's a different case.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      How about, say we suck out on our opponent, and then in the next ~5 hands he is shoving preflop any 2 evrytime, what sort of range should we be calling with, any ace?

Sorry if its off topic
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Bronze
      keoghh

It depends on his and your position if he is utg and you're mp then calling with any ace can mean a lot of trouble =) . Less oponents behind you mean you can call with wider range.

I would call with 77+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs and tighten range with every opponent behind us (assuming they are aware villain is shoving ATC).

Returning to original topic.

Quite often villain can just quit after double up,especially if he plays SSS or MSS and end table dynamics between you two right there.

If he stays he would probably tighten up a bit for a couple of orbits and you have to give his 4bets a little more credit (5bet shvoing with AA still profitable :P )
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1

I think the tendency would be to tighten up, to avoid hands like that again. But if it's really a good player he wouldn't let his emotions in the game, so he wouldn't change his game.