Find Info about your opponent

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Hey guys I just want to ask you a few questions about this program.

I'm looking for a software where i can find the fishes at the table and the nits. Lol will this software do the job?? What is a good software to find information about the player your playing?

Pokertracker is the program I'm talking about or is there any better ones?
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Assuming you are thinkiing about No-Limit Hold'em , there are lots out there but the general concensus seems to be split between the 'Holdem Manager' and 'Poker Tracker' group.
      Be careful which one you choose, because some sites don't allow tracking software, although most allow both of the above.
      Also, some are a complete scam and don't even work properly. Again, the above two are good though.

GL at the tables. :f_p:
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Assuming you are thinkiing about No-Limit Hold'em , there are lots out there but the general concensus seems to be split between the 'Holdem Manager' and 'Poker Tracker' group.
      Be careful which one you choose, because some sites don't allow tracking software, although most allow both of the above.
      Also, some are a complete scam and don't even work properly. Again, the above two are good though.

thanks.. so how does this software tell you who's a nit and who's donk?
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      Originally posted by gadget51

thanks.. so how does this software tell you who's a nit and who's donk?
      It show's you with a HUD. A HUD is something that opens up at the same time you are playing and gives you stats on a player. The two that show you who's a fish and who's a nit is the stat VPIP (Voluntarily Put Money In The Pot). I'm no expert myself with these stats (there is a good article for Silver members) but nits generally have a VPIP of about 10 and fish have very high VPIP's, somewhere above 30ish I think. You can't really go by these stats though until you've seen the player play at least 100 hands (don't worry, the HUD counts hands played too! :D )

The stat PFR also help (Pre Flop Raise) because you can see how many times the player has raised pre flop when he's VPIP'ed. If he's got a high VPIP/PFR then he's throwing money around and you can start pushing against with Ace rag pretty much :tongue: If the opponent has a high VPIP and a low PFR then it probably means they're passive and you could probably get them off the hand easily unless they have something solid.

Download the Elephant from this website, it has a HUD and it's free!
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      tablescan turbo