This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

sirilidion's path to poker succes

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      For those that don't know me. I am from the Netherlands 27 years and started playing poker online around the start of 2007. In 2007 I played my first live tournament for only € 10 and come in 3rd in a field of 60 players. after this I started to play alot more but usely didn't make the money. I was pretty bad those days :D . After I deposited alot of money and losted it just to get a status on stars I discovered pokerstrategy and started adepting there strategies and not soon after I started winning.

I mostly played stt's and been doing decent. What I mean with that doing alright have been getting a bankroll ro play the $ 22 and then getting a huge downswing building my bankroll up and the same story over and over again :( .

In 2009 I gave mtt's a shot as my maingame and it whened horrible. huge downswing but still was able to get 5 tickets to the WCOOP through supersatilites. unfortunatly I didn't manage to get itm in any off them. After this my motivation was pretty low and decided to stop poker and withdrew all my cash I had left . This didn't last long those and in januari 2010 I deposited $ 150 again. Which started with my biggest upswing period ever. in this period I mostly played 18 man, 180 man and mtt's and in the first month I made over $ 250 and the next month I made over $ 900 and the month after that $ 3600. Now I was really starting to think I would be getting to go pro fast and was pretty confident in my abilaties. unfortunatly things didn't last and lost about $ 1000 over the rest of the year.

However 2011 has been a real nightmare for me so far. I played at FTP till Black Friday and lost a bit less then $ 700 in that period. After that I played on stars for a while and thing where looking up again winning about $ 850 mostly though mt sng and 1 mtt where I came 3rd. I however decided that I wanted to give sh cash a go and started playing Nl20 betfred. After that I got a good rakeback deal and switched sites. I decided to play 6 max SnG and got one of the worst downswings ever. I wanted to get coaching from Faarcyde to find out and though he agreed to do so he never showed up and hasn't talked to me since. I really don't know if I just didn't play correctly or that I really just had really bad varience but I lost about $ 1200 without the rakeback. After that I stopped played 6 max SnG's

This month pokerstrategy treated me with a 2nd bankroll and been playing some NL4. I deposited $ 175 on stars to pay Faarcyde but considering that didn't go to plan I now play some mtt's/mt sng's there. With my main roll I now play the $ 5,5 SnG's both turbo and non-turbo's. And considering this is my main bankroll I will mostly focus on these here. And by keeping up with this blog I hope to figure out if I still got what it takes to play profitably.
  • 75 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      been pretty lazy so far this month playing poker. Bought a new videogame namely Dragon Age origins and have been playing that most of my time. Also final year of school so I need to focus on that. Still I only have like a half a day of it a week and still not able to get a job to earn a bit of extra income. So I hope I can get back into the grinding mindset
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      well an other day of not playing alot of poker. started the day in the afternoon played a session of 8 SnG's and only got 2 firsts.

Then I decided to do some exercise since I been pretty out of shape lately. underway I bumped into a friend I haven't spoken in a while and that resulted in me not getting alot of exercise today :D .

At my home I made a meal of mexican corn mix, minced meat, some cheese and sweet chilli sauce on pita bread. Which tasted pretty good if I do say myself :D .

In the evening I played a couple of mtt's/ mt SnG's and even shipped one:

unfortunatly nothing big but a win is a win :D . also I shipped a $ 1 45 man and came 6th in a $ 1'50 90 man KO
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      haven't played alot of poker the last couple of days. played some more mtt and lost a bit played some SnG's and lost a bit played some cash and won $ 0.50 :D .

Mostly I just had a lot of other stuff to do. Like chess where I need to get there with my bike now since I have to pay now for public transport :( . And tonight I have a barbacue so no poker then too but I do look forward to it :D .

Will try to play a bit more tomorrow and post some hands or some keyhands in a game with it :)
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Hi sirilidion, good luck with your blog & improving your game! Sounds like you have had a rough time at the tables over the past few years. I think your due for an upswing! :D
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      @ dannywraten: thx man :)

This weekend I mostly played mtt's/mt SnG's. Just played like 14 stt's and made $ 14.50 profit

The mtt's didn't go great though. :( ...

didn't even get in to the money ...

well exept for 2 $ 4,5 180 man where I got 1st and 2nd :p :D

Will try to get my to analyse me some games later and find some nice hands to discuss
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Welcome back dude =)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      @ Fongie: thx, man and ...

omg,omg,omg shipped it :D
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      After I shipped that mtt I haven't gotten alot itm so I lost about $ 200 since then. After a not that great session where from the 12 mtt/mt sng's I played I got 3 times itm but with 2 of them Ididn't finish deep and with the third a $ 4,5 180 man I didmanage to get to the final table but finished 9th when shoving AKs utg just to get called by UTG+1 with AA and failed to suck out.

After that I decided to play a live tourney in my town. This was a €25+€5 tourney and only the first 2 got paid. For some reason it wasn't that busy so there where only 16 entries. I when pretty well and when we got 3 handed we 3rd and 2nd stack had about equil stacks with 45K and the chipleader had about 70K. We decided to make a deal where the 3rd place got € 50 €25 from the first and € 25 from the 2nd place price. eventually I got HU with about 10 bb so I pushed a couple of times and every time picked up the blinds. Till eventually the chipleader decided to call with K3o I had K8. the flop was was 6JT the turn came a 9 and the river brought a 3 and I was out in 2nd taking € 125
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      Sorry, I haven't been updating... well at all :p. But I really have been really busy with working and studing so I really haven't had time to play alot of poker.

But since Pokerstars came this weekend with double gar tourneys and Sunday is already a good day for mtt's I will be playing mtt's all weekend and keep you updated through the weekend how I am doing.

So far I am out my first mtt didn't get basicly didn't get anything going for me
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      So far it isn't going very well after the first hour already busted out of a couple of tourneys. already got KK against AA lost with AA after I 3 betted pre got a call got it all-in on the flop and lost against 2 pair Ts and 4s :( . only 1 tourney atm where I am about average the rest I am far below it :(
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      The 2nd hour is going alot better only busted in 1 more mtt and have 4 mtt's where I am above average and the rest at least close to average. Unfortunately I can't post any hands atm because I lost my password of my weaktight account.

I will be filling mostly with $ 4.5 180 man SnG's mostly because of my bankroll but also because I like the non turbo mt SnG's better then the turbo once. Mostly because I feel I am somewhat tight and I thus miss alot of decent spots that I should taken the blindstructure into account. I wish they would make higher bi non turbo 180 man SnG's :(
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      the 3rd hour didn't go that great I busted out of 2 more tourneys one where I got it all in with AK against someone that called a raise and now 4 bet showed. I put him more on a hand like 77-JJ and maybe an AQs,AJs type of hand unfortuantly he had AA and I failed to suckout. The other one I raised pre with 77 and the flop came 7TK with 2 clubsmy opponent donked I made a small reraise and he shoved I called an Tc2c and he rivered his flush.

So far I am currectly itm in 1 of the $ 4,5 180 man SnG's 4th stack out of 16 and on the bubble in on other one. I am about average in allmost all exept in 2. one of them I only have 1/3 average and in the other I have 3 times average after I won a major pot with KK just before the break
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      In the 4th hour I busted in a $ 4,5 180 man SnG in 12th place for $ 8.85 with a mistimed bluff. Futhermore I busted. I also busted in an other tournament where I only had 2 bb left. most likely I lost an all-in since I find it unlikely to believe I that I would let me blind off that much.Also I busted in an other $ 4,5 180 man where I pushed with about 6 bb (75/150) from utg with A8s only to be called in 2 spots one had 55 the other AK the fives held. After I missed to addon in a rebuy tourney I lost a all-in flip With KJs when my sqeeuzeplay was called.

Made the final table in 1 of the $ 4,5 there are now 6 left and I am in 4th stackposition. The rest I am all a bit below average. If some off you are railing me plaese let me know then I will take off the option in my tableninja for refresh info :) .
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      in the 5th hour I busted in a couple more only 5 left now but there will be starting up some more. the one I got to the final table I finished 3rd so that is alright still it doesn't yet cover all the bi's so far so let's hope to get deep in at least 1 more tourney :)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      well 7th hour thing didn't go well got a few small cashes and a few nasty setup only 4 mtt's left and all are still in the early stages. These while be the last of the day I probably load some more 180 man if I bust in some soon.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      busted 3 out of 4 tourneys and only mincashed in 1 $ 4.5 180 man for $ 8.85.
      The last one left is the big $ 11 and there are still 264 players. I am still a bit below average of 108117 with 81173 chips. I will keep you all updated how things develop.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      Only 119 left now still somewhat below average with 174022 chips though while average is 232588. got lucky when I restole with A9o against the button raise who called my reshove with KK but I hit an A and dubbled up :) . geuss this is the 12th hour long pokerday :p
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      well I finished 111th getting $ 119.93 for my effort.the worst thing is I think I most likely misplayed the hand riased from the hijack with A9o got 2 callers one from the CU and one from the bb flop is A24r bb checks and I make a c-bet a bit less then half pot CU calls and bb shoves all-in I call because I thought bb would shove with less then 20 bb pre with an better A. unfortunatly I was wrong in that essesment and he overcalled the bb with AQo the Cu decided to call too and he had AJo.
    • marti1988
      marti1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      well I finished 111th getting $ 119.93 for my effort.the worst thing is I think I most likely misplayed the hand riased from the hijack with A9o got 2 callers one from the CU and one from the bb flop is A24r bb checks and I make a c-bet a bit less then half pot CU calls and bb shoves all-in I call because I thought bb would shove with less then 20 bb pre with an better A. unfortunatly I was wrong in that essesment and he overcalled the bb with AQo the Cu decided to call too and he had AJo.
      name of the tournament? :club: