sirilidion's path to poker succes

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      For those that don't know me. I am from the Netherlands 27 years and started playing poker online around the start of 2007. In 2007 I played my first live tournament for only € 10 and come in 3rd in a field of 60 players. after this I started to play alot more but usely didn't make the money. I was pretty bad those days :D . After I deposited alot of money and losted it just to get a status on stars I discovered pokerstrategy and started adepting there strategies and not soon after I started winning.

I mostly played stt's and been doing decent. What I mean with that doing alright have been getting a bankroll ro play the $ 22 and then getting a huge downswing building my bankroll up and the same story over and over again :( .

In 2009 I gave mtt's a shot as my maingame and it whened horrible. huge downswing but still was able to get 5 tickets to the WCOOP through supersatilites. unfortunatly I didn't manage to get itm in any off them. After this my motivation was pretty low and decided to stop poker and withdrew all my cash I had left . This didn't last long those and in januari 2010 I deposited $ 150 again. Which started with my biggest upswing period ever. in this period I mostly played 18 man, 180 man and mtt's and in the first month I made over $ 250 and the next month I made over $ 900 and the month after that $ 3600. Now I was really starting to think I would be getting to go pro fast and was pretty confident in my abilaties. unfortunatly things didn't last and lost about $ 1000 over the rest of the year.

However 2011 has been a real nightmare for me so far. I played at FTP till Black Friday and lost a bit less then $ 700 in that period. After that I played on stars for a while and thing where looking up again winning about $ 850 mostly though mt sng and 1 mtt where I came 3rd. I however decided that I wanted to give sh cash a go and started playing Nl20 betfred. After that I got a good rakeback deal and switched sites. I decided to play 6 max SnG and got one of the worst downswings ever. I wanted to get coaching from Faarcyde to find out and though he agreed to do so he never showed up and hasn't talked to me since. I really don't know if I just didn't play correctly or that I really just had really bad varience but I lost about $ 1200 without the rakeback. After that I stopped played 6 max SnG's

This month pokerstrategy treated me with a 2nd bankroll and been playing some NL4. I deposited $ 175 on stars to pay Faarcyde but considering that didn't go to plan I now play some mtt's/mt sng's there. With my main roll I now play the $ 5,5 SnG's both turbo and non-turbo's. And considering this is my main bankroll I will mostly focus on these here. And by keeping up with this blog I hope to figure out if I still got what it takes to play profitably.
  • 75 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      been pretty lazy so far this month playing poker. Bought a new videogame namely Dragon Age origins and have been playing that most of my time. Also final year of school so I need to focus on that. Still I only have like a half a day of it a week and still not able to get a job to earn a bit of extra income. So I hope I can get back into the grinding mindset
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      well an other day of not playing alot of poker. started the day in the afternoon played a session of 8 SnG's and only got 2 firsts.

Then I decided to do some exercise since I been pretty out of shape lately. underway I bumped into a friend I haven't spoken in a while and that resulted in me not getting alot of exercise today :D .

At my home I made a meal of mexican corn mix, minced meat, some cheese and sweet chilli sauce on pita bread. Which tasted pretty good if I do say myself :D .

In the evening I played a couple of mtt's/ mt SnG's and even shipped one:

unfortunatly nothing big but a win is a win :D . also I shipped a $ 1 45 man and came 6th in a $ 1'50 90 man KO
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      haven't played alot of poker the last couple of days. played some more mtt and lost a bit played some SnG's and lost a bit played some cash and won $ 0.50 :D .

Mostly I just had a lot of other stuff to do. Like chess where I need to get there with my bike now since I have to pay now for public transport :( . And tonight I have a barbacue so no poker then too but I do look forward to it :D .

Will try to play a bit more tomorrow and post some hands or some keyhands in a game with it :)
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hi sirilidion, good luck with your blog & improving your game! Sounds like you have had a rough time at the tables over the past few years. I think your due for an upswing! :D
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      @ dannywraten: thx man :)

This weekend I mostly played mtt's/mt SnG's. Just played like 14 stt's and made $ 14.50 profit

The mtt's didn't go great though. :( ...

didn't even get in to the money ...

well exept for 2 $ 4,5 180 man where I got 1st and 2nd :p :D

Will try to get my to analyse me some games later and find some nice hands to discuss
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Welcome back dude =)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      @ Fongie: thx, man and ...

omg,omg,omg shipped it :D
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      After I shipped that mtt I haven't gotten alot itm so I lost about $ 200 since then. After a not that great session where from the 12 mtt/mt sng's I played I got 3 times itm but with 2 of them Ididn't finish deep and with the third a $ 4,5 180 man I didmanage to get to the final table but finished 9th when shoving AKs utg just to get called by UTG+1 with AA and failed to suck out.

After that I decided to play a live tourney in my town. This was a €25+€5 tourney and only the first 2 got paid. For some reason it wasn't that busy so there where only 16 entries. I when pretty well and when we got 3 handed we 3rd and 2nd stack had about equil stacks with 45K and the chipleader had about 70K. We decided to make a deal where the 3rd place got € 50 €25 from the first and € 25 from the 2nd place price. eventually I got HU with about 10 bb so I pushed a couple of times and every time picked up the blinds. Till eventually the chipleader decided to call with K3o I had K8. the flop was was 6JT the turn came a 9 and the river brought a 3 and I was out in 2nd taking € 125
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Sorry, I haven't been updating... well at all :p. But I really have been really busy with working and studing so I really haven't had time to play alot of poker.

But since Pokerstars came this weekend with double gar tourneys and Sunday is already a good day for mtt's I will be playing mtt's all weekend and keep you updated through the weekend how I am doing.

So far I am out my first mtt didn't get basicly didn't get anything going for me
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      So far it isn't going very well after the first hour already busted out of a couple of tourneys. already got KK against AA lost with AA after I 3 betted pre got a call got it all-in on the flop and lost against 2 pair Ts and 4s :( . only 1 tourney atm where I am about average the rest I am far below it :(
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      The 2nd hour is going alot better only busted in 1 more mtt and have 4 mtt's where I am above average and the rest at least close to average. Unfortunately I can't post any hands atm because I lost my password of my weaktight account.

I will be filling mostly with $ 4.5 180 man SnG's mostly because of my bankroll but also because I like the non turbo mt SnG's better then the turbo once. Mostly because I feel I am somewhat tight and I thus miss alot of decent spots that I should taken the blindstructure into account. I wish they would make higher bi non turbo 180 man SnG's :(
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      the 3rd hour didn't go that great I busted out of 2 more tourneys one where I got it all in with AK against someone that called a raise and now 4 bet showed. I put him more on a hand like 77-JJ and maybe an AQs,AJs type of hand unfortuantly he had AA and I failed to suckout. The other one I raised pre with 77 and the flop came 7TK with 2 clubsmy opponent donked I made a small reraise and he shoved I called an Tc2c and he rivered his flush.

So far I am currectly itm in 1 of the $ 4,5 180 man SnG's 4th stack out of 16 and on the bubble in on other one. I am about average in allmost all exept in 2. one of them I only have 1/3 average and in the other I have 3 times average after I won a major pot with KK just before the break
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      In the 4th hour I busted in a $ 4,5 180 man SnG in 12th place for $ 8.85 with a mistimed bluff. Futhermore I busted. I also busted in an other tournament where I only had 2 bb left. most likely I lost an all-in since I find it unlikely to believe I that I would let me blind off that much.Also I busted in an other $ 4,5 180 man where I pushed with about 6 bb (75/150) from utg with A8s only to be called in 2 spots one had 55 the other AK the fives held. After I missed to addon in a rebuy tourney I lost a all-in flip With KJs when my sqeeuzeplay was called.

Made the final table in 1 of the $ 4,5 there are now 6 left and I am in 4th stackposition. The rest I am all a bit below average. If some off you are railing me plaese let me know then I will take off the option in my tableninja for refresh info :) .
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      in the 5th hour I busted in a couple more only 5 left now but there will be starting up some more. the one I got to the final table I finished 3rd so that is alright still it doesn't yet cover all the bi's so far so let's hope to get deep in at least 1 more tourney :)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      well 7th hour thing didn't go well got a few small cashes and a few nasty setup only 4 mtt's left and all are still in the early stages. These while be the last of the day I probably load some more 180 man if I bust in some soon.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      busted 3 out of 4 tourneys and only mincashed in 1 $ 4.5 180 man for $ 8.85.
      The last one left is the big $ 11 and there are still 264 players. I am still a bit below average of 108117 with 81173 chips. I will keep you all updated how things develop.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Only 119 left now still somewhat below average with 174022 chips though while average is 232588. got lucky when I restole with A9o against the button raise who called my reshove with KK but I hit an A and dubbled up :) . geuss this is the 12th hour long pokerday :p
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      well I finished 111th getting $ 119.93 for my effort.the worst thing is I think I most likely misplayed the hand riased from the hijack with A9o got 2 callers one from the CU and one from the bb flop is A24r bb checks and I make a c-bet a bit less then half pot CU calls and bb shoves all-in I call because I thought bb would shove with less then 20 bb pre with an better A. unfortunatly I was wrong in that essesment and he overcalled the bb with AQo the Cu decided to call too and he had AJo.
    • marti1988
      marti1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      well I finished 111th getting $ 119.93 for my effort.the worst thing is I think I most likely misplayed the hand riased from the hijack with A9o got 2 callers one from the CU and one from the bb flop is A24r bb checks and I make a c-bet a bit less then half pot CU calls and bb shoves all-in I call because I thought bb would shove with less then 20 bb pre with an better A. unfortunatly I was wrong in that essesment and he overcalled the bb with AQo the Cu decided to call too and he had AJo.
      name of the tournament? :club: