[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Bust with QQ Pre-Flop

• Philfox1985
      Problem here was that the second villian had been 3 betting 75% of hands. Felt he would commit with worse hands than QQ, that provides the potential value from the shove.

Of course, the first raiser had AA so we walk into a trap.

Play ok overall? I figured first villian will fold weaker hands, but that the second raiser will still call me with worse.

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.07, CO folds, BU raises to $0.28, SB raises to $0.49, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.84, MP3 folds, BU raises to $3.90 (All-In), SB calls $1.51 (All-In), Hero calls $0.54 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Flop: ($6.85) A:diamond: , 5:club: , 3:spade:
      Turn: ($6.85) K:diamond:
      River: ($6.85) 2:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $6.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, aces (Ah Ac)
      SB shows (As 9c)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, aces (Ah Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, against those kind of lines I'd rather lay it down while BU shows strength, after that SB is kinda interesting. I'd just fold right there and avoid at the best a flip.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      The SB Called two shoves with A9s so I'm not sure the play was totally off.

Was actually going to give up on my hand until he got involved :rolleyes:

If BTN folds I figure I'm getting better than a flip situation. However, I was aware that if / when BTN calls I'm in deep poo!!