SB (Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $14.90
      MP3:
      $6.68

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, A.
      MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BU raises to $0.40, Hero calls ?(

Stats: 30/20/3.0/27, 30% steal (I know this isn't a steal but he still has a wide range) in 64 hands

BB is reg, but has a 13.6% 3bet pf and 15% vs steal, so he could easily squeeze here (342 hands).

UTG: 38/12/2.3/38 in 46 hands

Should UTG's playing style affect if I call or not with ATs here? Do I want to go into a 3 waypot with ATs?

And what if this was against a steal (without UTG limping)?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, if the BB is a reg then we can't really Call here. Since we will so often see a squeeze, therefore it's either we 3bet/Fold ourselves or just fold the hand.

UTG is not that important here, we can very likely just drag him along with us if we Call.

It's not a huge difference either it's just against a steal or a isolation. Obviously stealing will be wider but we still can't think of Calling while you have an aggressive BB on the blind who is able to squeeze very often according his 3bet even.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, if the BB is a reg then we can't really Call here. Since we will so often see a squeeze, therefore it's either we 3bet/Fold ourselves or just fold the hand.

UTG is not that important here, we can very likely just drag him along with us if we Call.

It's not a huge difference either it's just against a steal or a isolation. Obviously stealing will be wider but we still can't think of Calling while you have an aggressive BB on the blind who is able to squeeze very often according his 3bet even.

Best regards.
      Ok, what if this was KJs? I better fold than 3bet with it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Goes the same. :) KJs has also great equity postflop with both blockers and SD/FD possibilities.