$19.11
      SB:
      $16.55
      BB:
      $10.41
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, 6, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 raises to $8.40(All-In)

82/0, 29% fold to cbet (in 7 cases) - 12 hands

His raise doesn't make sense, he probably wouldn't do that big raise with 34, 5x or a FH. So it looks like 78 or just a pure bluff that is using the paired turn to "scare me". Should I call?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Yeah, well obviously his shove doesn't make sense. But as well we can't exclude those hands while you just don't know the opponent. At the same time he could easily even have overpairs. :) And for the given reason that we don't know the opponent I'd be rather inclined to Bet/Fold it for the 1st time unless I have some other reads on the opponent. For example what about his AF? Other raise stats?

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Yeah, well obviously his shove doesn't make sense. But as well we can't exclude those hands while you just don't know the opponent. At the same time he could easily even have overpairs. :) And for the given reason that we don't know the opponent I'd be rather inclined to Bet/Fold it for the 1st time unless I have some other reads on the opponent. For example what about his AF? Other raise stats?

Best regards.
      In 12 hands I don't consider those usually, but I think his AF was nothing unusual.

He showed A7 :rage:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh didn't realize the 12 hands. :D But well, at least you get the point, hopefully. That rather at least know the opponent than start doing such hero-calls. :D For example I never start calling down in HU loose unless I know the opponent more. In every street there is equity important and the expectations if the opponent is even able to bluff. But this kind of move as I said myself also that it's often a no-brainer, he wouldn't play the nuts usually this way but rather slowplay.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Oh didn't realize the 12 hands. :D But well, at least you get the point, hopefully. That rather at least know the opponent than start doing such hero-calls. :D For example I never start calling down in HU loose unless I know the opponent more. In every street there is equity important and the expectations if the opponent is even able to bluff. But this kind of move as I said myself also that it's often a no-brainer, he wouldn't play the nuts usually this way but rather slowplay.
      I didn't call this one though, he showed A7 after I folded. If I play with him again I'll get his stack :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I wouldn't be really tilted much of the move. I had today one guy who showed the same way like 3-4 times that he had a bluff. :D I only laughed at him since I didn't have a hand either and I had some kind of bluff as well. But I just waited for a good spot and then took his money and after that took even 5 more BIs till he decided that he can't beat me anymore. :D

And he won with such bluffs? Nothing. :)
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I wouldn't be really tilted much of the move. I had today one guy who showed the same way like 3-4 times that he had a bluff. :D I only laughed at him since I didn't have a hand either and I had some kind of bluff as well. But I just waited for a good spot and then took his money and after that took even 5 more BIs till he decided that he can't beat me anymore. :D

And he won with such bluffs? Nothing. :)
      Haha nice. I actually prefer when they show their bluffs, because they're showing how they play :)

What limit do you play in btw? I guess your 5 BIs are a lot of $$ :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, I don't play that high up to NL200. But secures at least some living. :D