A friend consider to join but we're under the same IP. Is that problem?

• Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      Well. The situation at the moment is this; We're chilling out, playing mostly freeroll SnG's at pokerstars. Been doing it for a couple of weeks now while he's leeching on my couch. In other words we got a cool poker-atmosphere in the room ^.^ I joined Betfair after doing the S'n'G quiz and got 50$ a couple of weeks ago.

He wants to try it out as well but I know that a few sites around the net doesn't like people sharing the same IP. Is that a problem on pokerstrategy.com?
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Metamorphis,

I don't see why having the same IP is a problem. As long as he has everything to fulfil the ID Check then everything should be ok.

It may be wise to contact our customer support ahead of time just to let them know the situation also.

All the best and thank you for referring your friends to PokerStrategy!

Gary
    • Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      Heya! Thanks for the reply. However, the link you supplied me with seems to be broken:

''Sorry, the requested page couldn't be found!''

If he decides to take the test and supply you with sufficient information etc. we'll just take it from there. Thanks again for your answer :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I do apologise, here is the correct link.

Sorry again,

Gary
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      wow,

I'd be extremely worried about having someone else play online on my IP. Somehow I think lots of poker rooms would be suspicious and I wouldn't want to risk my BR.

Maybe you've considered all of this already, but you might want to get a lot of related questions answered before investing to much.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Obviously it would not be wise to be playing in at the same cash table or even the same tournament.

The best thing would be to ask the Poker rooms individually. I know there are certain tournaments at Stars where people from the same IP can play in the same tournament.

However, I would still suggest contacting support about it beforehand.

Gary
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      A lot of poker rooms allow multiple players from the same ip address but just get ready to provide ID and other personal documents just to show you are not the same person. From my own experience I was living at university dorms and tried to deposit, I had to provide my ID and explain how I knew that one guy who also played from the same IP so I explained it, but then they said there is another guy that has done some shit and have to explain how I know that guy :D I didn't know any one of them, but it's funny how from one dorms, that are not big at all, 2 people can do some shit.