[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - JJ Pre-Flop & Flop

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      JJ is kind of an Enigma hand for me (and not only for me huh? xD )
      In this case I felt like folding because I knew my opponent a bit and usually if he bets like that he has a strong made hand (despite the stats gathered o_O), so I feared to get caught up in an uber expensive flush draw from me, or a higher flush from him (any A would be in his range) so ...
      I'd like some evaluation on it.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,97
      CO:
      $3,32
      BU:
      $1,35

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,06, BU calls $0,06, Hero calls $0,05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,20) A:club: , K:club: , 7:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,09, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,29
  • 5 replies
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hi AtrociousNightmare

Pre flop you 60/40 fav against his raising range so your call is ok.

Flop: Now it becomes coin flip but pot is offering you about 3/1 on a call. Plus if we assume he has already hit his flush then we are drawing to 7 flush cards to beat him (assumming he aint got Qc) so we are 2/1 against hitting by river.

In this situation I think I would call flop see turn card and re evalute.

Dont know if others agree?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Hi to you too and thx for the contribution.

I wanted to ask you, how can u calculate this quickly?

Originally posted by denetomtom
      Pre flop you 60/40 fav against his raising range so your call is ok.
      Granted I'm still a newbie and still have to finish bronze articles (I just studied Implied Pot Odds)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Well, the problem is that you ain't drawing for the strongest flush. You could easily have reversed implied odds. 2 overcards on board already and for that given reason I'd also rather take the passive line as you did. Nothing wrong with it, you haven't invested much into the pot anyways.

Best regards.
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Best way to analyse hands is to use the equlator, just enter villian pfr and your hand, press btn and there you have your equity. In this case 60/40

If you didnt know the Equilator is free software from Poker strategy and is very good.

Then to work odds out for turn/river just take your number of outs and apply 2 or 4 rule and this will give you chance of hitting your hand by turn/river. In this case we have 7 outs for flush so by river we have 4x7=28% chance of completing flush.
      This equates to (100-28)/ 28 or 2.5/1 against.

Hope this explains it better.

Good luk in your studies.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by denetomtom
      Best way to analyse hands is to use the equlator, just enter villian pfr and your hand, press btn and there you have your equity. In this case 60/40

If you didnt know the Equilator is free software from Poker strategy and is very good.

Then to work odds out for turn/river just take your number of outs and apply 2 or 4 rule and this will give you chance of hitting your hand by turn/river. In this case we have 7 outs for flush so by river we have 4x7=28% chance of completing flush.
      This equates to (100-28)/ 28 or 2.5/1 against.

Hope this explains it better.

Good luk in your studies.
      Oh Equilator yupyup I knew how to use it, I thought you did some things I didn't know of :3

Thank you very much to both of you and for the wish of luck!
      (I need it lol since when I started they are exploding every AA KK I get with a straight on the river.)