[NL2-NL10] Scare Cards

• nick1237
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) A, 6, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.11, SB calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.4) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.4) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ??.

I was pretty active last couple hands. Decided to open 4BB (instead 3BB) on the BTN because they probably didn't believe me anyway.
      Blinds are unknowns.
      I like to know how to play these kind of hands.
      Expect the blinds will call with an Ace.
      Should i try to get more value on turn/river or is it best to check it down and call a reasonable bet on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • ferotaraba
      i'd put him on weak ace/78s... his check on the river silgnalizes a weakness, after you checked behind the turn. he either missed a draw, has a small pocket pair/weak ace and is trying to win a cheap showdown. it is unlikely he'd check the river with a 6. I'd go for 2/3 of the pot.

but, why not check behind the flop and re-evaluate on the turn? there are no big draws out there, just 1 player against you and you can get yourself a free card...
    • veriz
      Hello nick1237,

Well, there are ain't gonna be a lot of weaker hands on flop which may call you and for that given reason I'd rather Check behind on flop and might even get value on turn from weaker PPs/pairs.

But as played the river is kinda close, I mean do you even expect the opponent to Call you with worse pairs/PPs? Also even if I would bet then I wouldn't bet it over 1/2.

Best regards.