[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Blinds battle

• perosaa
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, BB raises to $0,16, Hero calls $0,08.

I was commited with a call20 rule, so I call.

Flop: ($0,32) T:club: , 9:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,16, Hero raises to $0,48, BB calls $0,32.

I check because I thought that he would bet, because he raised pre-flop, so I check/raise. Maybe I should reraise more here? When hittig a strong made hand - Raise for=Pot(including bet)+2*bet, so for Raise=0,48+2*0,16=0.8? I take this from strategy article: After the Flop: No One Has Initiative, could we use the same amount of raise here? I probably should raise more here because there are flush draw and a straight draw. So he was commited to call me if he has a Flushdraw + Gutshot, I give him 3:1 to call me?

Turn: ($1,28) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls $1,00.

None of the outs did not fall so I was protecting my hand, I raised for 3/4 of the pot. Should I shove here on the turn? Should I raise more? What if a :club: falls, I would probably check/fold?

River: ($3,28) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,12 (All-In), BB calls $1,12.

I didn't know what to do there really, because there was a straight draw probably completed, but I shove because there are uncompleted draws-I puted him on a flush draw.

Final Pot: $5,52

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (9h 9s)
      BB shows a straight, jack high (Ad 8d)

BB wins with a straight, jack high (Ad 8d)

I put him on a ATo+,ATs+, because of small reraise preflop or maybe is he JJ+ preparing a trap with small reraise preflop, but if I make my trips I could take all his money.

I look forward to your comments.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello perosaa,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

First of all, I'd actually even Check/Raise it bigger on flop, obviously his line preflop was kinda strong and he may easily even have only overpairs here. But that the same time he may also even have draws. I'd Check/Raise for ~$0,70 at least.

As played otherwise seems to be fine, I don't think that I'd get it away on river either while he may easily even have worse hands.

Best regards.
    • perosaa
      Thank you very much :D