[NL2-NL10] JJ Nl10

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: (15.00 SB) J:club: , K:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 calls.

River: (33.50 BB) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 73.00 BB

The villan had Q9 (!) diamonds

I dunno if I'm too dumb for poker or in a huge downswing (or both). Did I played this hand correctly? That kind of things keep happening too me, especially with pocket jacks.
      My software for stattistics (for 9,013 hands) tells me that my:
      -pocket jacks win about 65 % (got them 43 times) but I still have a net of - 11 bucks
      -AA win in 84 % (45 times)
      -KK win in 76% (46 times)
      -QQ win in 63% (32 times)

are this stats correct?

Can you tell me what to do if I raise pocket jacks in the big blind (I'm first to raise) and then a MP reraises me. Do I go all in in theese situations (I have 2 $ -> I raise 0.30, get reraise to 0.70 -> do i fold? What if two players reraise me?) And what do I do with AK, if behind me i get a reraise or even two reraises?
      I really don't know what to do, I've been playing alot lately. I (re)started after two months on FTP with 7 bucks and made with two max 6 tables NL to about 32 bucks, but then lost it to 15$ due to my very bad play. Then I started playing full ring SSS (6 tables) and have go up to 38$ and down to 7 $ and up and down and up and down.. betwen 20 $ - 40 $ ..it's very frustrating. I can't break the 40 dollars barrier. Along the way I cleared the 50 bucks bonus (it helped me alot not to go broke tnx Pokerstrategy ! )

And today I've played about 800 hands, got AA 5 times, KK 3 times and lost them all ?? I didn't slowplay! I did a standard raise of 30 blinds, if someone reraised me i went all in, otherwise I went all in as soon as the flop came. Is this just bad luck?

I know I'm not playing for alot of money (nor making a lot for pokerstrategy :D ) but can you please answer to at least the first question about the jacks play?

I stopped playing for today, because I didn't want to go on tilt. And after 9k hands with only ups and downs. (if at least would it be only downs, I would know 100% I shouldn't play poker anymore) and no profit. I said to myself it's enough. I'll never play again (or at least for a while.)

But I know I'll probably play again tommorow, at least until I get broke :D

thank you, I had to get my anger out :)
  • 2 replies
    • NamePlus
      NamePlus
      Bronze
      Did I played this hand correctly?
      Yes.

That kind of things keep happening too me, especially with pocket jacks.
      My software for stattistics (for 9,013 hands) tells me that my:
      -pocket jacks win about 65 % (got them 43 times) but I still have a net of - 11 bucks
      -AA win in 84 % (45 times)
      -KK win in 76% (46 times)
      -QQ win in 63% (32 times)
      are this stats correct?
      This depends on your flop/postflop play. If you have JJ and the Flop comes with AAK you should fold : ). But in general, if some fish calls you with Q9s preflop be very thankful. That will pay you off the more hands you play!
      What if two players reraise me?) And what do I do with AK, if behind me i get a reraise or even two reraises?

Can you tell me what to do if I raise pocket jacks in the big blind (I'm first to raise) and then a MP reraises me. Do I go all in in theese situations (I have 2 $ -> I raise 0.30, get reraise to 0.70 -> do i fold?
      The articles about pre-flop play are pretty good. It depends on your hand, stack, position, raise and reraise.
      Size of your raises
      React to raises behind you

I really don't know what to do, I've been playing alot lately. I (re)started after two months on FTP with 7 bucks and made with two max 6 tables NL to about 32 bucks, but then lost it to 15$ due to my very bad play. Then I started playing full ring SSS (6 tables) and have go up to 38$ and down to 7 $ and up and down and up and down.. betwen 20 $ - 40 $ ..it's very frustrating. I can't break the 40 dollars barrier. Along the way I cleared the 50 bucks bonus (it helped me alot not to go broke tnx Pokerstrategy ! )
      One of my big leaks was not folding trash hands on the flop. Maybe you are spending money there too. A few sample hands (not just the bad beats *G*) would be nice to read, the guys here are really good at helping people to play good poker.

And today I've played about 800 hands, got AA 5 times, KK 3 times and lost them all ?? I didn't slowplay! I did a standard raise of 30 blinds, if someone reraised me i went all in, otherwise I went all in as soon as the flop came. Is this just bad luck?
      30Blinds? Wtf? Are playing with SSS or not? 30 BB raise on NL10 would be $3, you leave the table as soon as you hit 25BB ($2.50).
      Maybe just a typo, but wanted to say that *G*.
      Raise 4x BB + 1x BB per Limper. And read the articles on how to react to raises before/after you, see the links above.

I know I'm not playing for alot of money (nor making a lot for pokerstrategy :D ) but can you please answer to at least the first question about the jacks play?
      The guys here are very glad to help. They invest money and time in you because if they can make you a good player that will pay them off. So dont worry : ).

I stopped playing for today, because I didn't want to go on tilt. And after 9k hands with only ups and downs. (if at least would it be only downs, I would know 100% I shouldn't play poker anymore) and no profit. I said to myself it's enough. I'll never play again (or at least for a while.)
      Up & downs are Poker. You cant eliminate that part. But you can play with the favor of math and statistics - that what good players make good players. Everyone recieves bad beats, but if you did the math correcty the statistic will be +ev for you.

But I know I'll probably play again tommorow, at least until I get broke :D

thank you, I had to get my anger out :)
      Going broke is no option!
      Read all basic articles again and again, then start with a fresh mind.

Have fun,

N+
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      thanks, and yeah I meant 3x BB not 30 :D