[NL2-NL10] how do these calling stations always flop the nuts?

• ferotaraba
      how do they do it? how do these retarded calling stations ALWAYS flop the nuts against my 2nd nuts?

Hero is BB ($10.08)
      Villain is MP2 ($11.60) 29/13/2/51 (VPIP/PFR/AF/cbet%)

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J :diamond: 7 :spade:

MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10,3 fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.40, 4 players) 9 :heart: T :heart: 8 :club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.38, MP2 calls $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38, fold

Turn: ($1.54, 3 players) 4 :diamond:
      Hero bets $1,47, MP2 calls $1,47, MP3 raises to $2,94, Hero calls $1,47, MP2 calls $1,47

River: ($10,36, 3 players) A :spade:
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $7,38, Hero calls $6,66(AI), MP2 folds

Hero shows J :diamond: 7 :spade: , straight, Jack high
      MP3 shows Q :spade: J :club: , straight, Queen high

MP3 wins $24.40 with a straight, Queen high

.... how is this even possible... 3rd time in a row my 2nd nuts got beat

On the flop:
      i had a straight, 2nd nuts, only beaten by QJ, i had to bet about the pot size to try and get some weak draws out (i knew fl.draws wasnt going anywhere though).... 2 people called
      On the turn:
      Turn comes a blank, so i bet about the pot size again to finally get flush draws to fold, maybe even some sets. MP2 called and MP3 donk min-raised (suppose thats when i should have realized when he had the nuts - i thought about it, but though he'd raise me on the flop to get flush draws and sets out.) I called and MP2 called as well (suppose he has a nutflush draw or a set).
      On the river
      River comes a blank and now i check, knowing that if MP3 bets, ill have to fold...
      MP checks behind me, so i thought he really had that missed flush draw, and MP bet pretty large. I had to call my entire stack, but pot odds were about 1:2 so i decided to call, knowing he most probably had QJ, but i couldnt get away from that hand.
      He shows QJ and i receive 3rd bad beat in a row.

First i am holding 66 on 268 board go all in to see villain has 88. then i go all in with nutflush against a straight flush and now this... C'MON this cant be real...

went down from $170 to $128 today
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello ferotaraba,

Well, if you even plan to continue on turn then rather just get it in right there. He may easily even play this way with any set/2pair and maybe even worse straights. For that given reason I'd ship the turn and protect our hand than play it this way as you did. You are just giving perfect odds for MP2 to Call with any draw.

Best regards.