[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - QQ with A on Flop

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      I really was uncertain.
      Even though I thought my opponent was a fish, and also that she had no idea of what raising from UTG means, I still didn't want to risk that much, since I had not enough data, and an Ax for her hand in my opinion was definitely an option.
      Of course I excluded the race to the Q on Turn/River.
      What should I have done?
      How was my train of thought?
      Also, what if on the flop there was a K instead of an A?
      What if there was both?

(I always ask in terms of long term profit ofc.)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0,55
      Hero:
      $2,24

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0,04, Hero raises to $0,12, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,27) A:spade: , 4:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 raises $0,43 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,70
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Well, it's not that big difference either it's a K or an A. Obviously Ace hits more often his Raise/Calling range but both cards are kinda WTF? If he really had the Ace, would he ship it like that? I mean why ain't he just letting you CBet and then ship it. :) For that given reason I sometimes even Call here, really depends on the opponent. Folding is just avoiding variance.

Best regards.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Well, it's not that big difference either it's a K or an A. Obviously Ace hits more often his Raise/Calling range but both cards are kinda WTF? If he really had the Ace, would he ship it like that? I mean why ain't he just letting you CBet and then ship it. :) For that given reason I sometimes even Call here, really depends on the opponent. Folding is just avoiding variance.

Best regards.
      So, it's kind of a choice?
      Between avoiding variance or not?
      Sorry I'm still kind of confused (everything would be easier if she wasn't that bad >.> I met her again at the tables today and just MEH)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh, well. I guess I'd be inclined to Call. :D Since if he had the Ace would he ever ship like that? :>
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Oh, well. I guess I'd be inclined to Call. :D Since if he had the Ace would he ever ship like that? :>
      Ok, clarified, thank you very much!
      (just for the lol, noticing how TOTALLY randomly and senseless these players play, I'd even say yes haha)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      True, but as well they could play with any PP like this which sees the Ace to be good scare-card against you. :D