This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR - QQ with A on Flop

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      I really was uncertain.
      Even though I thought my opponent was a fish, and also that she had no idea of what raising from UTG means, I still didn't want to risk that much, since I had not enough data, and an Ax for her hand in my opinion was definitely an option.
      Of course I excluded the race to the Q on Turn/River.
      What should I have done?
      How was my train of thought?
      Also, what if on the flop there was a K instead of an A?
      What if there was both?

(I always ask in terms of long term profit ofc.)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0,55
      Hero:
      $2,24

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0,04, Hero raises to $0,12, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,27) A:spade: , 4:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 raises $0,43 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,70
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Well, it's not that big difference either it's a K or an A. Obviously Ace hits more often his Raise/Calling range but both cards are kinda WTF? If he really had the Ace, would he ship it like that? I mean why ain't he just letting you CBet and then ship it. :) For that given reason I sometimes even Call here, really depends on the opponent. Folding is just avoiding variance.

Best regards.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Well, it's not that big difference either it's a K or an A. Obviously Ace hits more often his Raise/Calling range but both cards are kinda WTF? If he really had the Ace, would he ship it like that? I mean why ain't he just letting you CBet and then ship it. :) For that given reason I sometimes even Call here, really depends on the opponent. Folding is just avoiding variance.

Best regards.
      So, it's kind of a choice?
      Between avoiding variance or not?
      Sorry I'm still kind of confused (everything would be easier if she wasn't that bad >.> I met her again at the tables today and just MEH)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh, well. I guess I'd be inclined to Call. :D Since if he had the Ace would he ever ship like that? :>
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Oh, well. I guess I'd be inclined to Call. :D Since if he had the Ace would he ever ship like that? :>
      Ok, clarified, thank you very much!
      (just for the lol, noticing how TOTALLY randomly and senseless these players play, I'd even say yes haha)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      True, but as well they could play with any PP like this which sees the Ace to be good scare-card against you. :D