[NL2-NL10] AA IP 25Nl FR (Homework lesson 3)

• Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Villain: 28/10/4.1
      Folds bb 76%- 3bets from bigblind to steal 5%

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($21.06)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25.35)
      UTG+2 ($10.37)
      MP1 ($26.86)
      MP2 ($28.06)
      Hero ($25)
      BTN ($33.42)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.60, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $1.90

FLOP ($9.10) 3:club: T:heart: K:spade:

BB bets $2, Hero raises to $6.10, BB calls $4.10

TURN ($21.30) 3:club: T:heart: K:spade: K:club:

BB bets $10.46 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $20.26

Not shipping preflop because he might fold his bluffs and i am IP.
      Flop: Very weak bet from villain, not want to raise much since i want to give him the chance to call with worse hands or induce a bluff. Don't see the use of proteciting my hand against draw since i dont think those are in his range. TT+, AK is his range, most likely AK, QQ.
      Turn: Don't see a hand i can beat to often, but i don't really understand his push which i was doubting a little and thats why i posted this hand.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Yoghurt1973,

Well, if you are raising the flop then you can as well just raise it directly all-in. :D Normal raise would commit yourself anyways. For that given reason I'd just ship it on flop.

Although as played kinda ugly for us, his play obviously doesn't make sense. If he had the Kx would he ship it ever like that or FH? Doubt that. For the given reason it sometimes might be even a side of Call here. :) But to make it easy and simple, ship the flop. :D

Best regards.
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Yeah, ship on the flop was most easy i agree, but is the most optimal play here?

Considering the preflop action? He made kinda a very small raise from 0.60 to 1 and then from 2.6 to 4.5 so or he had a monster like myself or he is playing around and thats why i called, but i might be overthinking this :)

That was also the reason i made a small raise on the flop to his pointless bet on the flop ($2 into a $9.10 pot) i want to keep the mind game up and hopefully atract some more hands into pot for a call.

Which hands? QQ especially also inducing an hand like Kx (AK hand is big part of his range of course) to ship the flop and why wouldnt he with $10 behind? Well he could have realised the same since he only had a half pot bet left and did not really had to protect his hand why not donkbet allin any turn card and he did bet quickly almost instantly which led me to believe to this, lol. He had to protect his hand to on the turn. He definetly had not TT. If he had AA too than he played the hand very good on the turn since it was a negative freeroll i think.

Anyway, I think the most important lesson here for me to learn was that i should have realised how my betsizes influence the play of the hand on later streets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, if I'd want to keep QQ type of hands in the play then I'd rather just Call the flop. :P