SSS vs Pot odds

• 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi alexbrasile,

I have moved your thread to a home where its more appropriate and maybe some of our SSS members or coaches will find the time to answer you :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Duuuuuuuddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeee that is a very murky broad first post, like how do you expect someone to advise you on that.

but you are using short stack strategy, so you don't have much on the table so now you want to start throwing chips into pots hoping to hit, for what ??????????

you don't have much chips to begin with ????????? are you seeing the picture here.

if your hand is so good shove and then either pick up the pot or get a caller and see what happens.

sss is not for oooooooo lets see what happens I will limp in. that is big stack strategy and set mining and sizing up someone elses stack and knowing you can take it if you hit.

but yet again your first post is so murky and braod, it seems you just want action and to see pots.

keep it cool dude.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alexbrasile
      According to SSS, we cannot call to any bet, just either raise or fold. But, if I am at SB and all the other players call, can't I call due to the excellent pot odds offered?

It is a pretty broad question but it really depends what you have. I mean hands that are not qualified to shove preflop due all players that call (=weak range), I can consider completing. The only problem is that you have a 19bb stack and the pot will be like 8-9bb hence you cannot call a flopbet to see the rivercard without going all-in on the Turn.

Therefore I sometimes like to shove more preflop than call

- Gerv