$11.36
      MP2:
      $18.85
      MP3:
      $2.85
      CO:
      $18.01

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 7, 3, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.46, Hero raises to $1.10, MP2 calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.85) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, MP2 calls $2.10.

River: ($7.05) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $7.05.

Stats: 23/20/1.0/42, cbet = 67%, fold to cbet = 71% in 90 hands

I thought he could fold a lot of his range on the flop with a c/r. This is a standard flop to make a move though, I only can represent a set with 33 and 77. His WTS is also very high, I didn't notice it at the time...

I betted the turn because he took a while to call the c/r, it looked like he had a weak hand, and I also got a SD. If it wasn't for the time he took to call on the flop though, I wouldn't have betted because I'd put him mostly on Kx.

I guess the c/r on the flop was bad because of his high WTS? But a strange thing is that his fold to cbet is high, so he probably doesn't spew around on the flop.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

If we know the opponents WTSD and which is high then it's a bad spot to take stabs. Although the board is usually one of the boards I'd take stabs since it very likely missed the opponents range but at the same time we still can represent some kind of hand. Fit/Fold guys will easily fold on such a board.

Plus of course we can consider 2nd barreling some boards where we get extra equity as we did catch it. But against that kind of opponent you can as well just Check it on turn obviously. :>

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

If we know the opponents WTSD and which is high then it's a bad spot to take stabs. Although the board is usually one of the boards I'd take stabs since it very likely missed the opponents range but at the same time we still can represent some kind of hand. Fit/Fold guys will easily fold on such a board.

Plus of course we can consider 2nd barreling some boards where we get extra equity as we did catch it. But against that kind of opponent you can as well just Check it on turn obviously. :>

Best regards.
      But can we expect a reg to call with PPs and overcards against that c/r, to 2nd barrel the turn? I know I would against a reg who's capable of making moves (to float, or go to showdown with PP), but I don't know if many regs think like this in NL10.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, Check/Call ain't gonna be better since we wont get any implied odds anymore. That's the problem. If we are going to Check then most likely Check/Fold.

But I would still consider them Calling with some weaker PPs after Check/Raise on flop although they might be able to lay it down on turn.