This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQs on BU

• cyclist52
      cyclist52
      Bronze
      No info on villians this is the 3rd hand at the table.
      NL2 at Pokerstars.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2.24)
      UTG ($1.12)
      UTG+1 ($0.87)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      CO ($2)
      Hero ($2.37)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:club:

UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08

Is a raise unreasonable here against the limpy lookers we often see at this level?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cyclist52,

Definitely! I don't even mind to isolate in those spots where KQs is just way ahead of their limping range. Well done!

Best regards.
    • cyclist52
      cyclist52
      Bronze
      I think you are saying a raise is reasonable, but perhaps I asked the question poorly when I asked if a raise was unreasonable.

At first glance your reply says a raise is definitely unreasonable, but your explanation suggests that my hope to isolate the fish was a good thing.

I am still new so some of the things that are obvious to you are less obvious to me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, that's why I am here to make things clear. :) Don't hesitate to post any questions/hands you have. Nothing is too simple in poker, even clear things sometimes are unclear if you take them from different view. :>