Prima Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1448065
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $25.95
      Hero (SB): $22.09
      BB: $17.87
      UTG: $10.04
      CO: $12.36

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :heart: A :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) 5 :club: K :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, BTN raises to $5.20, Hero calls $3.30

Turn: ($13.40) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $19.45, Hero calls $15.59 all in

River: ($44.58) 8 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Villain: 27/23 ft3bet 63 AF 4,4 AFreq 27 WTS 19 Hands: 427

Could I ever fold in this case ? I make snap call, because I can't see sets in his range...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 7bekon7,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Well, that's the problem with those 3bets. Usually people start to overplaying their TPTK type of hands while they are pretty deep. For that given reason I'd really be rather inclined to Bet/Fold it right on flop since it seems that we don't beat much. He also did get pretty good implied odds preflop for his set mining.

Doubt that he would take aggressive lines against us in 3bet pots that often anyways. Or either I don't understand how you can't see sets in his range?

Best regards.
    • 7bekon7
      7bekon7
      Bronze
      Thank You for answer.

Why he reraising on such a dry board IP with sets ? I see bluffs more likely.

After all he is very agressive player with AF = 4,4 and WTS = 19 so I expect air in his range a lot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by 7bekon7
      Thank You for answer.

Why he reraising on such a dry board IP with sets ? I see bluffs more likely.

After all he is very agressive player with AF = 4,4 and WTS = 19 so I expect air in his range a lot.
      Yeah, well. But your range also consist of very strong hands like AK/AA which are going to take this kind of line as bluff. For given that reason I doubt that I am making the hero-call here unless I know the opponent better. Even if he had bluff, would he shove like that on turn with them? Plus obviously AA is in his trapping range as well.
    • 7bekon7
      7bekon7
      Bronze
      Ok, finally.. You would like to make b/f or b/c and decide on the turn?
      Because imo fold on the flop looks pretty weak...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by 7bekon7
      Ok, finally.. You would like to make b/f or b/c and decide on the turn?
      Because imo fold on the flop looks pretty weak...
      Well, I'd make my decision right on flop. If I am Calling the flop then most likely I am Calling the turn. While if he is aggressive enough then he is definitely capable of shipping the turn as well even with semi-bluff/bluffs.