Party poker blocked my account

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      Hey everyone....

I just deposited 500 $ on party with the psvip code and registered my party account with pokerstrategy, wanted to start playing and party just blocked my account, 20 minutes after i deposited and told me to contact their credit team...

At first i had no clue why they blocked me but then i started thinking and remembered that like 3-4-5 years ago i may have made an account that had my personal information on it but i never deposited and have only played for play money or freerolls... Since multy-accounting is forbidden i don t know if i can call them and just be honest or what (or maybe that s not the issue at all, maybe it s some issue with pokerstrategy)...

Also since i am not from any of the countries that have toll free numbers i don t want to call their credit team since i guess the phone call could be expensive... Oh and btw this would be a cool way to loose 500$...

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey PickoCro,

Best way forward is to contact them via email and tell them the truth. If you have opened a 2nd account (even if you never deposited on the first one) it is still against their Terms and Conditions.

My only advice to you is to be honest, patient and do everything they ask. The nicer you are to them, the more lenient they may well be in your case.

Try stay calm with them at all times and keep us updated as much as possible.

I wish you the very best,

Gary
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      well you certainly won't lose the 500 dollars that's for sure,i'd imagine they should put it into your original account but you won't be able to be tracked of course.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      you could also try their live support so you could get immediate help.

i've seen a similar situation before (except both play money and real money accounts were registered via pokerstrategy) and they did not make a big fuss about it. i don't believe they mind very much if one account is play money and has never been used for real money play. of course i can't be sure about this and only their support can help you there. let us know how the situation is resolved.

regards,
      wendy
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi LONGPLAY66,

How did it go for you? Have you managed to contact them?

Let me know how it goes please
      Ingrid
    • PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      Sooooo party poker just called me today and asked me to confirm my personal information (date of birth, adres, etc) and after i did it they just told me your account is not blocked anymore... Now i m relieved that it wasn t anything serious but i m kinda pissed that they blocked it in the first place :D ...

Also they didn t tell me anything about why it was blocked and i didn t want to ask because the guy who called woke me up and i wanted to go back to sleep...

Thanks to everyone for their responses, they were helpful and comforting and see you all on the tables (wich is probably good for you and bad for me, but in time who knows)...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      weeee! glad that was resolved in your favor. :) i wouldnt dig deeper anymore as security checks are fairly standard (although most rant about it during withdrawals) so its actually good that you got it out of the way.

dont forget to join the depositors freerolls every thursday :)

now lets play some pokaaaah! :D
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PickoCro
      Hey everyone....

I just deposited 500 $ on party with the psvip code and registered my party account with pokerstrategy, wanted to start playing and party just blocked my account, 20 minutes after i deposited and told me to contact their credit team...

At first i had no clue why they blocked me but then i started thinking and remembered that like 3-4-5 years ago i may have made an account that had my personal information on it but i never deposited and have only played for play money or freerolls... Since multy-accounting is forbidden i don t know if i can call them and just be honest or what (or maybe that s not the issue at all, maybe it s some issue with pokerstrategy)...

Also since i am not from any of the countries that have toll free numbers i don t want to call their credit team since i guess the phone call could be expensive... Oh and btw this would be a cool way to loose 500$...

do this call them and say you forgot you had an account at partypoker and are not tryign to break any rules you should be fine
      Any help would be appreciated.