Acesinaroll

• Acesinaroll
      Acesinaroll
      Bronze
      Hello. I am Slavi from Bulgaria :]
      I am 18 years old and I started playing poker before 2 years when I watched a Pokerstars' ad on the TV :D and that really changed my life.
      I have some poker winnings but my biggest achievments are top 40(dont rly remember exactly) in the 888's wednesday challenge, a cash in in the Sunday Warm-up in Pokerstars and 12th place in the 888's Sunday Challenge.
      I'm a tournament player but when I found out that course I thought it would be good experience and It surely will improve my cash game (and not only) because I rly make stupid mistakes.
      So I will try to complete it :]
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Slavi,

Welcome to the Beginners Course!

I hope it can improve your cash game skills and that we can find the leaks in your game and that you become and better player for it :)

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • Acesinaroll
      Acesinaroll
      Bronze
      My first homework for this year ( I dont rly like doing school homework xD ).
      First I want to appologize for my English.
      So...
      Homework 19.09.2011

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Well when I started playing poker It was only for fun (like everyone else) but when I won my first real money I started to think different. I read all articles in Pokerstrategy and tried to be better than the others. But my main motivation is the money but I really hope one day the money won't matter and I will just try to win different titles and bracelets.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I think my game is perfect.

Question 3: ha! just kiddin' I have so many weaknesses that I am not sure if someone will be able to read the whole post if I mention all of them (So Im making some jokes for cheering up :D
      ) but I will try to tell the top 3.
      *The first is that I dont believe in my reads very often especially if I have to make a hard fold. And I am not talking about obvious situations like a
      suited board 7/8/9 and I have an overpair or sthng like that. Im talking for a bit other things. I have to think a bit more to give a good example but I will try to:
      A tournament low buy-in versus loose passive player or even sometimes tight passive. I played postflop vs him for like 3-4 times and take the pot with some raises but when he raises me with a pot size bet (especially if there is a button for a pot size raise like in 888 ) he raises and sometimes even he (I dont know why I use "he" for villian) uses 60%+ of his stack for that raise which is very obvious that he really have a good hand and with that buy in a bluff like this 1 would be almost imposible.
      But NO I cant fold -.- I just go all in to be sure that I am right.... and Im doing this again and again over and over.
      I would really would like to speak with someone experienced for that problem on a chat or something like that.

Of course if I think for like 10 seconds I would probably make the right decision but that's my weakness number 2.

**Sometimes first I do and then think.
      This is very rookie mistake and I have no idea why I am still doing that. If I was able to block the software for 5 seconds in every decision I make I would play better. But that's a selfcontrol problems which bring us to the biggest problem of all. THE TILT.

***Actually I'm not tilting fast but when I tilt beside the usual loose aggresive plays my biggest fear of all is.... BLACKJACK. DAMN I HATE THIS GAME. This is my biggest problem when I am tilted and.. ah I cant even speak for that.
      Bum I'm really not tilting fast especially if it is a good deepstack tournament I can play for hours and I need like 3-4+ bad beats to start getting angry because when I am deep I know I will probably will take my chips back. I am talking only for tournaments because I dont really have a cash game experience. I play cash only live because in online cash games these weaknesses are with bigger "value".

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Well that's when:
      First you play hands that very often will be better than your opponent's preflop.
      Secondly you really have the initiative pre flop and post flop and keep the preasure on your opponent.

I explained it as simple as possible because I'm tired from writing this post.
      I really hope someone will read it.

Best regards Slavi.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

LoL. Well, some are still posting the 2nd answer like they don't have a weakness at all. :D Although if we go into detail then we gonna usually find them.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

I would really would like to speak with someone experienced for that problem on a chat or something like that.

Then you are in the right place. This community is perfect for it. Try out the hand evaluations. :)

About your 2nd problem I'd say that you just have to force yourself every time. Before you start to act, remind yourself. Huh! What I am doing! A lot of impatient people have such a leak that they just act way too fast while they even don't think about the situation.

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • Acesinaroll
      Acesinaroll
      Bronze
      Well actually the reason I havent post the 2nd and 3rd homework is that I don't play cash tables at the moment but I will start as soon as I make some bankroll for it beside the MTT bankroll. If the tournament hands are acceptable I will post some soon.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Acesinaroll
      Well actually the reason I havent post the 2nd and 3rd homework is that I don't play cash tables at the moment but I will start as soon as I make some bankroll for it beside the MTT bankroll. If the tournament hands are acceptable I will post some soon.
      Well, if you play higher then it shouldn't be a problem to play some NL2 tables. :) But of course feel free to post as soon you are ready for it.