Fbi Question about Ps and Ftp

• 2 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey PIF,

You are correct, the FBI and DOJ seized the .com and .net domains from the above Poker Sites on April 15th (Black Friday)

However, less than a week later FTP and PS both came online again with European domains (which we assume that had previously secured before Black Friday) No new american players could sign up and no Americans could play on their sites.

FullTiltPoker.co.uk and PokerStars.eu

PokerStars have remained open since because they came to agreements with the DOJ and have made steady cashouts to some players from the USA.

However, FTP, had a lot of financial irregularities and their licensees AGCC in Alderney suspended it indefinitely pending further investigations.

There is a hearing today in London, so keep an eye on the news section for further details.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey PIF,

You are correct, the FBI and DOJ seized the .com and .net domains from the above Poker Sites on April 15th (Black Friday)

However, less than a week later FTP and PS both came online again with European domains (which we assume that had previously secured before Black Friday) No new american players could sign up and no Americans could play on their sites.

FullTiltPoker.co.uk and PokerStars.eu

PokerStars have remained open since because they came to agreements with the DOJ and have made steady cashouts to some players from the USA.

However, FTP, had a lot of financial irregularities and their licensees AGCC in Alderney suspended it indefinitely pending further investigations.

There is a hearing today in London, so keep an eye on the news section for further details.

Hey thanks for this.. I'm not to worried as I'm Canadian but do want to play against some of my american friends... I hope something good comes out of this hearing.. Nobody is committing a crime just playing cards and enjoying there time. better then people going out and committing real crimes. I wish they just made poker legal everywhere. There's a reason why i don't goto undergrounds because there dangerous atleast online it's safe

Kind regards,
      Gary