[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - J9o at the Flop

• AtrociousNightmare
      Train of Thought:
      I check atc on the BB like always.
      I get Two Pair on the Flop.
      I don't have much information on him, but I never saw him with bad cards.
      Two Pair is pretty big, but I don't really know if it's the best hand.
      So on his bet on the flop, I re-raise to see where I am, and he all-ins pretty quickly.
      I thought it could be even a bluff, but I decided not to call because after all it's a hand that I played just because I was BB, otherwise I'd have avoided that just because of possible difficult decisions like this.

Need Help pl0x
      How can I improve in these situations?
      What should I have done?

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 9:heart:
      CO calls $0,02, BU calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,08) Q:diamond: , J:club: , 9:club: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,24, 2 folds, SB raises to $1,92 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,24
  • 3 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Hi AtrociousNightmare,
      Imo you would of been better to call the flop and see the turn more cheaply.

Your hand is good but the flop is verry draw heavy and your hand can get beaten by a lot of hands till river.

He could of semi-bluffed you with a draw but he has lots of outs i would of folded to that all in myself.

When you see such a draw heavy flop two pair isn't the hand you hope to get flush,straight or better is.That is why it not ok to raise the flop.

Kind regarads,
    • Bierbaer
      I'm definitely raising the flop for value, especially because there are so many draws. Btw I'd make it bigger, potsize (i.e. $0.32) is better for max value.

Keeping the pot small in a spot like this is a good play vs aggro opponents with balanced ranges that will bluff on drawcompleting cards, but on NL2 it's rather unlikely people make plays like this.

When he shoves it in I'm folding as well. You've been 4way and represented a lot of strength so I don't think he's semibluffing and vs a valuerange we're crushed.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      Alright thank you!