Hero ($5.31)
      UTG ($7.40)
      UTG+1 ($6.85)
      UTG+2 ($2.35)
      MP1 ($1.02)
      CO ($3.74)
      BTN ($1.54)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.04, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.48, fold, SB raises to $2 (AI), fold

SB wins $1

hi, should i have called his shove given his stack size? his 3bet range is 6% over 187 hands (not sure about his 4bet range - still getting used to HEM) 187 hands... against what stack sizes is it okay to call a shove with AK?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Well, that's usually the plan of going for a 3bet. :) Usually when I do 3bet against 50BB guy then I'd also plan to go broke rather than 3bet-bluff.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      oh, well my standard play with AK/QQ is pretty much 3bet/fold - they normally have AA/KK if they invest their whole stack and i don't like getting my chips in with AK/QQ. i'd say if i'm 3bet with AK/QQ i'd consider a call but i dunno. these are hands i have trouble with. is it normally okay to 3bet/fold with them? assuming 100bb stacks...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      oh, well my standard play with AK/QQ is pretty much 3bet/fold - they normally have AA/KK if they invest their whole stack and i don't like getting my chips in with AK/QQ. i'd say if i'm 3bet with AK/QQ i'd consider a call but i dunno. these are hands i have trouble with. is it normally okay to 3bet/fold with them? assuming 100bb stacks...
      Well, there will be a lot of spots where it might be even better to just Call. For example you have position on the raises, you know he is raising wide but is folding to 3bets a lot. :)