[NL2-NL10] nl2 FR J-10s post-flop play??

• donkey71
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, T.
      2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.21) 8, 9, 2 (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.33) 3 (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.63) A (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.63.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Js Ts).
      UTG2 shows high card ace(Kc Jh).
      MP1 shows a pair of fours(4d 4c).

MP1 wins with a pair of fours(4d 4c).

I think my call pre-flop is probably weak here but, its the play on flop/turn/river that i would like your opinions on please:
      FLOP: I imagine im about to be told that my call on the flop with OESD is passive but i thought that against two short-stacks any raise might get shoved on. Is this what i wont to happen???

TURN: i really didnt know what to make of the bet & call on the turn or for that matter what my best play here is???

RIVER: After being checked round could/should i of bluffed here?? I considered raising 1/4 to 1/3 pot.

i welcome all advice you can offer me thanks!!!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello donkey71,

There is never wrong to Call it like you did. :) Although hard to say while not seeing stack sizes. :D Against some smaller ones we might even not get great implied odds.

But as played seems to be fine, if they are even giving that great odds then why not. :) One option sometimes would even to raise and play it aggressively but I would usually just skip it if we are getting perfect odds.

Best regards.