This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 FR J-10s post-flop play??

• donkey71
      donkey71
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, T.
      2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.21) 8, 9, 2 (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.33) 3 (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.63) A (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.63.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Js Ts).
      UTG2 shows high card ace(Kc Jh).
      MP1 shows a pair of fours(4d 4c).

MP1 wins with a pair of fours(4d 4c).

I think my call pre-flop is probably weak here but, its the play on flop/turn/river that i would like your opinions on please:
      FLOP: I imagine im about to be told that my call on the flop with OESD is passive but i thought that against two short-stacks any raise might get shoved on. Is this what i wont to happen???

TURN: i really didnt know what to make of the bet & call on the turn or for that matter what my best play here is???

RIVER: After being checked round could/should i of bluffed here?? I considered raising 1/4 to 1/3 pot.

i welcome all advice you can offer me thanks!!!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello donkey71,

There is never wrong to Call it like you did. :) Although hard to say while not seeing stack sizes. :D Against some smaller ones we might even not get great implied odds.

But as played seems to be fine, if they are even giving that great odds then why not. :) One option sometimes would even to raise and play it aggressively but I would usually just skip it if we are getting perfect odds.

Best regards.