NL2 - AA preflop raise question

• Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      Hi all!

When I 3bet preflop with AA, most of the time they all fold. So I was thinking maybe to not 3bet and just call. Or would it be too dangerous for my AA, because of multiway pot?
  • 10 replies
    • n3w8i3
      n3w8i3
      Bronze
      IMO, in that case, if you cbet after flop and get called - any cards are scarry for you, if don't hit a set...
    • vupix2
      vupix2
      Silver
      i think its almost always 3bet if they all fold its show how weak is there open range but most of average player there calls 3bet Ax hands an then go broke with top pair
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Always 3bet.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Always 3bet, and here's why. If you just call lets say the guy raised to 8c and you called the pot is now 16c while going to flop, so if he checks and you bet and he folds you have made 8c but if you 3bet on the flop and he folds you still made the 8c. And on NL2 where people call you down with gutshots and bottom pair it's better not to slowplay just because it can come back and bite you, because they will draw out on you, they don't like to fold. It's better to win a small pot than lose a big one.
    • moneymaker19
      moneymaker19
      Bronze
      There is no reason to just call in any limit under at least NL10. Okey maybe if you have someone who squeeze 99% ;)

If you raise pre he might fold and you win the pot.
      If you just call and you then bet on the flopp he might fold and you win the same pot. The only difference is that you're letting him draw out on you.

Raise raise raise.
    • Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you guys! I think I got it!
      Always raise!!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i use one, and only one possible exception:

random maniac who likes to push everyone off every pot raises and you feel that you're going to get heads-up against him. there you can just call and let him 3barrel his air, of course this works better ip
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Do you really wanna call his all 3 barrels? AA are not invincible, I mean it is only a pair, he could catch anything till the river.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, of course that's given a read that he's capable of firing 3 barrels with air/thirdpair or something like that.
      sure enough he may catch something by the river, but if you think about his range he's most probably going to have something that you beat 75%+ of the time there which makes it +EV to calldown. you can't always be afraid that maniac hit his twopair on J52 board
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Very well put Krishjanis, Im going to stick to this rule as feedup with being bitten

Regards

Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Always 3bet, and here's why. If you just call lets say the guy raised to 8c and you called the pot is now 16c while going to flop, so if he checks and you bet and he folds you have made 8c but if you 3bet on the flop and he folds you still made the 8c. And on NL2 where people call you down with gutshots and bottom pair it's better not to slowplay just because it can come back and bite you, because they will draw out on you, they don't like to fold. It's better to win a small pot than lose a big one.