Stack
      Hero:
      $33,15
      MP3:
      $12,05
      CO:
      $31,55

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5:spade: , 5:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0,25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO raises to $1,15, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,90, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($2,95) A:heart: , 8:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

CbF = 51, he would should cbet an A.
      wanted to ch/r. Should i lead out because of the Board?

Turn: ($2,95) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2,00.

looks like a draw.

River: ($6,95) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2,5, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6,95

Only a flushdraw could make a valuebet like this on R.
  • 5 replies
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Bronze
      Open limp :facepalm:

Check flop :facepalm:

Turn bet size :facepalm:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      prefer raising pf, but once you raised I think I would prefer c/r also flop to get c-bet out of him.
      River c/f is fine. Don´t think he would bluff there too often once he called turn.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Thanks Kaitz!
      I would openraise 99% of the time.
      But the reason i openlimped was because there was a maniac with a midstack on the table who 3bets >15%. And i didn't want to throw the pp away after a 3B.

Checked the flop to give him a chance to cbet, would you donk steelbrewer if we have not the initiative?
      I guess the turnbet could be bigger.
      Please write what you would do and why, just make a faceplamsmile doesn't help me in any way.
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Bronze
      I would lead this flop for sure. Reasons:

1) If he has a big A (esp. if it is with big :heart: kicker) there is a good chance of getting it in on the flop already.

2) He checks behind too many hands that have equity vs your made hand (TT - KK with a heart, broadway cards with heart).

You may argue that leading flop gives your hand away (and it does) but he may call you anyway with a lot of holdings (see 2. )

Turn bet MUST be bigger, you have to compensate for a free card taken by him on the flop, I would overbet turn (1.25 -1.5 pot), since it is our last chance to get value from drawing hands and we can't expect missed FD to call any reasonable bet on the river or make pretty obvious bluffs.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you likely also have to lead then Ax hands and bluffs. Don´t think it is bad play, but since generally it makes harder to play if you lead there with wide range I´d prefer c/r to give him bet his air.
      If he is checking back TT-KK with flushdraw he would call you down anyway, so you get 2 streets value but more often he has there air or Ax against that you get more value by c/r flop.