This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 FR BSS] Flush & straight draw completed on the turn

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.78)
      BB ($2.09)
      UTG ($1.88)
      UTG+1 ($2.22)
      UTG+2 ($2.31)
      CO ($0.62)
      Hero ($2.23)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BB calls $0.14, fold

FLOP ($0.37) 2:heart: K:heart: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.37) 2:heart: K:heart: T:diamond: A:heart:

[color=red]BB bets $0.22, Hero ???

CO is 54/17/2.0 over 107 hands

Do we believe the fish and call? If we call, what's the plan on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Elertar,

Flop: Don't really understand why don't you CBet the flop? Perfect spot to do that while you have a lot of fold equity and obviously even equity vs any hands.

As played
      Turn: Kinda close. I doubt that we are going to get called by a lot worse hands there anyways. Unless he has a Ax he ain't gonna pay. For that given reason you can as well just Call and reevaluate it on river. But obviously while it's a fish shouldn't be that big problem even to raise it here and ship it.

If played
      River: Depends really what kind of card comes. :) Against some I might still ship since he wont have that many flushes in his range but while he could still have sets/2pairs which may pay you.

Best regards.
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      As I have 86% flop cbet, I've been trying to cbet less... Thus I'm not bluff-cbetting against fishes... But I think I see your point, because in this case I have the OESD + backdoor flush draw, so it would be a semibluff or even in some cases value-betting.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Elertar
      As I have 86% flop cbet, I've been trying to cbet less... Thus I'm not bluff-cbetting against fishes... But I think I see your point, because in this case I have the OESD + backdoor flush draw, so it would be a semibluff or even in some cases value-betting.
      Well, ye. 86% is too much. :( Although still CBet with the equity in the hand and most likely even great board to do so and gain fold equity.