[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AA on the BU

• clandestineAl
      I put him on AK but I guess thinking back with my two aces I should have ruled that out. and that is the only hand that I could beat that he would reraise me with. Should I have bet bigger preflop? I know now how badly I played this hand.

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, CO calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) K:diamond: , J:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.36, CO raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $2.07 (All-In), CO calls $1.07.

Turn: ($4.65) T:club:
      River: ($4.65) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, kings and jacks (Kh Jh)
      Hero shows (Ah Ad)

CO wins with two-pair, kings and jacks (Kh Jh)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello clandestineAl,

Well, the board ain't the best for us. :( While he could be calling like that with KK which hits hardly, he could be calling with JJ which hits also hardly. Doubt that he is playing this way with QQ or TT. So at the best for us AA/AK? Although not that likely while we block most of the aces already. It's pretty much a flip at the best for us if we consider him calling loose enough. For those given reason I might even sometimes make the crying fold. :(

Board: K:diamond: J:diamond: 5:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    49.37%  48.99%   0.38% { KK, JJ, AKs, AKo }
      UTG+1  50.63%  50.24%   0.38% { AA }

But of course even if you called you didn't do that huge mistake while he could play AK the same way.

Best regards.