Table of NITs

• darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      This happened to me today, and I think its the first time, I was on a table with 5 either very tight or super tight players. Nobody was doing anything, I was the only one on the table making any kind of play.

Every once in a while one of them would raise 3x or 4x, maybe get a caller but the pot would never get very big either from them checking it down or just a cb taking it.

I played looser than i usually would to compensate, played like 40 % of the hands, took down blinds, took down pots with a cb and if I missed i usually gave up on the turn if called. The problem is they were so nitty that if they check called me on the flop I thought I could take it down on the turn but they still check called.

I would win a few pots and then lose the amount I just won, I never got anywhere, in the end I left the table with my initial buy in having played 145 hands on the table and winning nothing.

Is there anyway to make playing Nits and tight passive players profitable? or should you just leave and find a looser table?
  • 10 replies
    • Gantz189
      Gantz189
      Bronze
      Think you answered your own question mate :P There's always better tables running.

Stealing lots of blinds and raising until they play back I guess.
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkpenance0
      This happened to me today, and I think its the first time, I was on a table with 5 either very tight or super tight players. Nobody was doing anything, I was the only one on the table making any kind of play.

Every once in a while one of them would raise 3x or 4x, maybe get a caller but the pot would never get very big either from them checking it down or just a cb taking it.

I played looser than i usually would to compensate, played like 40 % of the hands, took down blinds, took down pots with a cb and if I missed i usually gave up on the turn if called. The problem is they were so nitty that if they check called me on the flop I thought I could take it down on the turn but they still check called.

I would win a few pots and then lose the amount I just won, I never got anywhere, in the end I left the table with my initial buy in having played 145 hands on the table and winning nothing.

Is there anyway to make playing Nits and tight passive players profitable? or should you just leave and find a looser table?

I look at it this way, if your playing nits that are super tight that's the best to play position. raise on puck. raise behind puck....if you get a caller be worried because that nit didn't call you with air:p
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Thats the problem though, if they are constantly just check calling and showing huge amounts of weakness you start thinking you can bully them off hands, so before you know where you are youve bluffed like half your stack. That happened to me twice, I just thought they were marginal and could get them off but blam! reraise on the river! Thats how I ended up even after that session.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Just leave and find a table full of fishes :p
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Stop betting turns.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      well the only way i can think of getting a profit out of a nit table is to hit a low set vs theyr aces or kings ... or 2 pairs vs they AK lol, any other way i dont think so lol, but try not to play with them to much you should prolly find another table ...
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      I used to do a lot of money trying to bluff passive players out of pots. You can make it profitable providing you give up when you face resistance (unless you're strong yourself). Raise in late position and take down the pot with cbets when you can - which will be often if they are only calling when they have hit the flop.

Often bluffing bad or inexperienced players will be fruitless as they won't be able to read what you're representing. Just small-ball it and you'll eek out a profit.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkpenance0
      Thats the problem though, if they are constantly just check calling and showing huge amounts of weakness you start thinking you can bully them off hands, so before you know where you are youve bluffed like half your stack. That happened to me twice, I just thought they were marginal and could get them off but blam! reraise on the river! Thats how I ended up even after that session.
      Players that check call constantly and show huge amount of weakness are not nits IMO
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I find the best way to deal with nits is to buy one of those combs and a lotion :D

Honestly it was a pleasure to help out there is no need !! :s_cool:
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Players that check call constantly and show huge amount of weakness are not nits IMO
      it was a mix of tight passive and NITs.