NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.37)
      BB ($9.87)
      UTG ($1.90)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($1.80)
      Hero ($11.37)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.28, SB raises to $0.94, BB calls $0.84, Hero calls $0.66

FLOP ($2.82) Q:spade: Q:diamond: A:diamond:

SB checks, BB bets $1, Hero raises to $4.40, SB calls $4.40, BB folds

TURN ($12.62) Q:spade: Q:diamond: A:diamond: T:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $6.03 (AI), SB calls $6.03 (AI)

RIVER ($24.68) Q:spade: Q:diamond: A:diamond: T:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero shows Q:club: K:club: (Pre 28%, Flop 0.3%, Turn 0.0%) SB shows Q:heart: A:club: (Pre 72%, Flop 99.7%, Turn 100.0%) SB wins $23.45

Nothing I could do here or..?? When SB called my raise is there anything else except AA or AQ in his hand ? SB was unknown and BB was fish.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello XandreW36,

Preflop: You could fold it preflop. :) Unless you give me a reason why you did Call here? As you said SB is unknown then we can't expect either that he is going to 3bet against us light. Your hand just may too often dominated.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much to add, while you went for such a Call preflop. You hit pretty much the miracle flop.

Best regards.
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      Hm... I think my reasons for calling preflop are reasonable :D

1. I had pretty good pot odds, 3.27:1. So i needed 23% equtiy to call. If we give SB a range of top 5.88% (88+, AJs+, AQo+), against this range, KQs has 35.17%

2. I will have position on both players

3. Playing big pot w/ fish in it

4. I consider myself to be better than average NL10 guy (on entraction network surely :D ) thus haveing edge and postflop advantage.

These are just my thoughts. And asking you to judge. Btw,I appreciate your evaluations and effort very much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, first of all the reasons are good what you mentioned and I do agree that there is a possibility to even play the hand. But usually what mistakes people do in those spots is that they just going to Call till river with just TP here and then feel committed while they just don't beat much. If you ain't able to fold your TP then rather don't Call it.

1. I had pretty good pot odds, 3.27:1. So i needed 23% equtiy to call. If we give SB a range of top 5.88% (88+, AJs+, AQo+), against this range, KQs has 35.17%

Well, obviously we could give him such a range but as well I'd rather know his 3bet range for that. :) As you playing with HEM then you should have such an overview on the opponent, or you don't have stats there?

Thanks for the great feedback of course. Also I am always up to discussion, I might even sometimes say something like I said like here that I don't like the Call or whatsoever preflop. But usually there can be couple of reasons which we even can abuse and Call.

One of the biggest what I did like from the reasons was that we are playing vs fish+IP.