Photoshop Madness??

• Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      Hey everyone :)

I started making Poker related logo's a few days ago for EmanuelC16.

i created a sample which i also will post here.
      So i thought, why not make a thread where all who uses Photoshop can share idea's and images.

Here are my logo's

Feel free to post thoughts and ideas for my next project :)

I will ofcourse offer my service if you need any logo's done.
      prices will be discussed after the logo is done,so it fulfill your needs.
  • 9 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      why don't you remove the white background? would look much better.

I like to play around with Photoshop myself.
      This is what ive come up with, for my own website. If I ever bother to make it :]

notice how I don't have any background colour :P

btw you should try not to have big differences in contrast in your image. It really reduces the quality of the end result. Your second image looks very busy indeed. Don't overcomplicate things imo. Pick something and add as much detail as seems attractive. If it was me I would have picked one of the face cards , and focused on getting some nice art on it etc.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i don't like them. seems like something's wrong... don't know exactly what but i'll try to elaborate, else it's just not constructive:

on the first one the suits aren't aligned, also maybe it'd be better if you put that text on 2 lines... and maybe use a sans serif font.
      on the second one... i dunno. the text effect just seems ugly to me, also the cards are bland... and while we're at it you could add the T and suits for a royal flush :f_p:

conall's art is clean and gets right to the point. i like :spade:
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      i could easy remove the background color.

but then again it didn't take alot time to make, these are samples and things could be added or redone.

keep in mind this isn't a header or anything. :f_biggrin:

it was the idea not to have the T with the cards.
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      on the second one... i dunno. the text effect just seems ugly to me, also the cards are bland.:
      the effect is 3D. and again it was the idea that the cards shouldn't have any picture.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      why don't you remove the white background? would look much better.

I like to play around with Photoshop myself.
      This is what ive come up with, for my own website. If I ever bother to make it :]

notice how I don't have any background colour :P

btw you should try not to have big differences in contrast in your image. It really reduces the quality of the end result. Your second image looks very busy indeed. Don't overcomplicate things imo. Pick something and add as much detail as seems attractive. If it was me I would have picked one of the face cards , and focused on getting some nice art on it etc.
      I like the font :)
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Holdemfreakie
      on the second one... i dunno. the text effect just seems ugly to me, also the cards are bland.:
      the effect is 3D. and again it was the idea that the cards shouldn't have any picture.
      I think that you need to make the text "deeper" of you want it to look "3d" lol

• darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      unwritten rules of graphic design:

1) keep it as simple as possible

2) keep it as clean as possible

3) look at stuff people have already made (eg pokerstrategy logo!). get a feel for what is the norm, try and find good and bad points about people's designs.

4) use complimentary colours

http://www.colorsontheweb.com/

"This website is dedicated to color theory and the use of colors in design. Whether you are a blogger who needs ideas for a color scheme or a designer in search of some color inspiration, the tools presented here should give you a starting point. "

some great tools there if you are a beginner.

if you really want to geek out and learn everything, take a look at W3's web content accessibility guidelines also:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Well, this thread died fast.